Thread: Dyno Results

Dyno Results

I recently took my 73 911S to an Alfa Club dyno day. It's a stock car that was bumped up to 2.7 when rebuilt many years ago. We were alowed two runs, so I did one run as is and the second run without the air filter set-up.
    The as is run came in at 179hp. The second was 168hp! It seems that leaving the stacks uncovered caused turbulance that let less air into the stacks.
    I'd always had the missconseption that the air filter set-up would be more restrictive. Perhaps the fan they had blowing into the engine compartment to keep it cool caused the extra turbulance.
    1973 911S
    1967 Alfa GTV
    2002 Miata

I was told by my engine builder that the original 'dead air box' is the best approach over all other air intake setups (of course, turbos and superchargers not included here). With dyno results like that I'm inclined to believe him now.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Similar Threads

1. 912 POLO Dyno Results
    By Chris Pomares in forum Other Porsche Passions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-23-2012, 09:19 AM
  2. Polo Engine Dyno Results
    By Chris Pomares in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-23-2012, 05:58 AM
  3. Le Mans test results
    By songhoh in forum Drives, Tours, Gatherings, Racing and Adventures
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 06:21 AM
  4. Compression test results, need help
    By Eddmond in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-06-2003, 05:00 PM
  5. Leakdown Results - What do they mean?
    By larry47us in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-27-2003, 03:48 AM