Thread: A Long Overdue Introduction

admin_old

A Long Overdue Introduction

Hi all,

My name is Michael Larson, and I took over the web duties from Sherwood in August. I know I have some big shoes to fill, so I hope to keeps things running as smoothly as he did.

A little about myself...

Born and raised in SoCal, I attended many of the Riverside, Ontario (anyone remember this one?), Laguna Seca and Long Beach races. My fondest memories are of watching Donohue at Riverside and Villeneuve at Long Beach. I spent my college years on the basketball court playing for the mighty Stags of Claremont McKenna College. After college, I spent a few years racing shifter karts and formula fords, and I was lucky enough to race at Riverside before it was finally shut down. For the past 10+ years, I've worked as an application/web developer for several different companies. I currently live in Corona, California with my wife of 13 years and two children.

I've had a life-long infatuation with the early Porsches, and I've been searching for my first for the past 5-6 months. This search is what lead me to the Early 911S Registry and the position of webmaster. I have been educated and entertained by the postings on this board, so I hope to be able to give back a little by providing support to the registry and its members.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have, registry website related or not.

Thanks.

--
    Michael Larson
    m_larson@comcast.net
    webadmin@early911sregistry.org

Sherwood who ????? :-)....you're doing great !!

Seems to me there's a nice RS waiting for our new webmaster over in Switzerland....
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Great Job

Mike,

You're doing a great job. Thanks for keeping this board humming.
    Bert Jayasekera
    1970 911T - Tangerine Orange
    Early 911S Registry #494
    R Gruppe #167

I'm in charge of reduncancy here...but thanks from this computer illiterate...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Quote Originally Posted by sithot
    Looking for a car and you have the "inside job", eh? Now you'll know before anyone else. Hmmmm.

That's one schrewd dude! He's really responsive too. Helpin me out with a glitch currently. Thanks Mike! Or do you prefer Michael?
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Thumbs up

Hey Michael, glad to have you aboard. Thanks for taking care of us.

Good hunting for that Early S, or T, or E, or L, or 911 normal. Just remember that you have a lot of help out here in your search. Many of us would be happy and willing to offer advice, or recommend a PPI, or a detailed inspection. All you have to do is ask.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

I, too, appreciate IT people. I do well to post pics.

And, I also got to race a kart at Riverside before it closed. I think around '86 or '87. Kinda rough out there towards the end, wasn't it? I raced a kart at Ontario, too. Now that was the place. 19 turns.

Thanks for your help here at the Registry.