Thread: correct 67 doorpanel?

correct 67 doorpanel?

I thought that the original (inside) doorpanels for 67 were panels with a long pocket with elastic and with stitching. That said I do not have the restorers guide at my disposal and I have seen so many different panels on 67's I am not completely sure anymore. DOes anybody have a pic of the doorpanel a 67 should be fitted with?

I'm sorry this shot is not as sharp as most I put up but it's the only one in my inventory at the moment.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Sam

Self anointed Head of the SSSP
    ( Super secret seat police )
    our motto is : if you've got a bug up your ass, we put it there

67S polo red 307958S (gone but not forgotten )
    87 factory turbolook Lagoon green metallic ( G50 O'yeah )

That's an S panel that Sam is showing....the standard 911 would not have the "pocket" at the back of the panel...it would be the same as the front of the panel, and would just "pull" back to put items in. Also the standard 911 panel wouldn't have the aluminum trim on the door top, or on the door trigger cap.

Eric

here is a 67 normal interior pic..

it shows most of the door panel. The map pocket is uniform from the front to the back of the door...just as stated above. What a pretty car...sniff.

Shawn.

67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399

I'm sad too

cause I didn't have the cash to try to buy it.

Just as well. I probably would have been payed a vist by the East Coast Squad. "You really don't want to offer any money on that car now do you. Mia Capo, He's awantin dis thing."
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

how to convert '67 911 to 911s panel?

It seems difficult to find good panels, let alone for a 911s. I do not have the items in front of me so I do not know how the two compartments are made (which distinguish the 911s from the ordinary panels, seems to be the only difference, right?). Is this a simple rivit, or is it somthing else which they have used to create the division? Does anybody have clear pics to share? Does the division run all the way to the bottom or is it just the strap which has been attached to the panel?

My 66 has the same pocket as Sam shows and it is obviously not an S. However my top cap does not have the metal trim.
    Jim Chambers
    1966 912

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    Mine are like Shawns though not as clean as that beautiful interior - Hey Shawn - remind us again why you would let such a car get away ?

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    And I'll bet he beats his dog !

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

yeah, I was "two timing" her.

I got cought spending some seat time and buying gifts for a younger model. One that had a longer wheel base and bigger jugs.

The 67 needed a sugar daddy to treat her to the finer things in life.

I would never kick a dog tho. Shawn.
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399