Thread: Sport seat headrest question

Sport seat headrest question

A question for the seat/headrest cops. Is the stitching on the headrests of these sport seats correct? I have never seen a pattern like this but the leather sure has the same patina as the leather on the seat so I was wondering if these had been recovered at some point. Thanks.

Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Nope, nope, nope,

Mercedes had something similar though....so perhaps it was a hack resto by a Mercedes shop.... bolster on drivers side is wearing through.....

Eric

Thanks Eric, I didn't think those were correct. For anyone interested these seats are for sale on German eBay. Here is the link.

Sport seats on eBay.de
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

I've gotten a closer look at the seats.

None of the seams are beaded, the seams are butted together, and double stitched, so all of the edges are flat. Looks kind of odd, like a BMW seat, or a late-model domestic seat with the seams.

Regards,

Eric

Tom,

I think you misunderstood, I think the seats are real....., they are just completely incorrectly recovered......

Eric

Thanks again for the info. Eric. I thought they might be recovered improperly but I wasn't 100% sure. Looks like they went for a good price (1800.00) if you have Euros and live in Europe. Even with the exchange rate and shipping they wouldn't be bad buy for a US buyer. Thanks again.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Probably from a BMW 2002 which used exactly the same sports seats as the Porsche at least in the Aussie versions they did anyway

Clyde
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6