Thread: Neil Emory of Parts Obsolete passed away Oct 10, 2004

Neil Emory of Parts Obsolete passed away Oct 10, 2004

uncertain if this has been discussed here but in case it has not become known Neil Emory of Parts Obsolete passed away Oct 10, 2004. i frequent their website because they build outlaws "done right" and discovered the news.
    good thoughts for the family and friends of the emorys.
    www.partsobsolete.com
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

That is terrible news. Gary learned it from his dad as Neil was the pioneers of Hot Rodding in general back in the 50's. A true craftsman. Sad news.
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

My condolences...Parts Obsolete is indeed a family thing.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Traveling with the Emory's

I have had the great fortune of doing many "road trips" with Gary Emory over the last 10 years.

One of these trips was to San Diego, and on the return, we brought Gary's dad Neil back up with us from SoCal to Gary's place in Oregon.....

What a trip.....! Neil didn't sleep the whole way, too excited to sleep.....at that time Neil was a "little" forgetful, but has a great memory for stories, and we heard many of them (and a few of them several times!)....

It was a great trip, and one of my fondest memories of "road tripping" with Gary. Neil was a great person, a helluva nice guy, and the father and grandfather to several close friends of mine.....

My thoughts are with his family...

Eric