Thread: Early 911 Skid Plates? F/R?

Early 911 Skid Plates? F/R?

Does anyone have an idea where we may find these? Performance Products sold them at one time, no longer?
    Or else we will fabricate a set, has anyone performed this service?
    I did make them decades ago....thanks Mark

skid plates

The front steel plate is still a dealer item,, not that overly expensive... but the floorpan and rear motorplate are NLA... Still,,, they are easy enough to fabricate... also, there where 2 versions of the rear plate as far as I know... a simple flat plate or the cage type... the cage attached into the rear siderails and into the rear bulk head above the muffler... the simple flat plate about 7" wide approx. ,with hole for the drain plug, attached from the tranny mounts area to the rear muffler bracket area... Rob Wolford has this version on his car...
    If you want to fab the floor pan plate,,, i can help you with the mounting hole patterns if you need them......

Robert Gross.

always helpful

thanks with respect to skid plate help....I've installed the version of solid plate in rear of car in the past....no where to purchase it now....I would like to know what the front one looks like so I may fab. it up. Neither one is available for purchase. That I know of. regards Mark-FORMULA MOTORSPORTS

plate

Ill pm u the part # and price tonight,,,, the front was still available 6 months ago..

Similar Threads

1. FS: SWB Front & Rear Skid Plates
    By JimmyT in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-24-2022, 09:59 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-28-2016, 11:26 AM
  3. WTB Early Skid Plate
    By Cornpanzer in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-14-2011, 11:43 AM
  4. Rally Skid Plates from In the Day