Thread: Hand brake Blinking Light?

Question Hand brake Blinking Light?

I replaced my front rotors yesteday.

My parking brake light that blinks when handbrakes are applied and stops blinking when you put down the hand brake.

Well, now it will not stop blinking any idea why???

Any idea why did this happen?

thank you for all your responses

If you get no bites here, go to Pelican and you will get 100 theories - one of which should be the solution! John Walker usually nails the answer.
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

I actually posted at pelican before I posted here and only got one repsonse
    which was similar to what Zeke had said.

thank you for the responses

Blinking P-Brake light....

FWIW...my -73S did the same thing after we replaced brake lines,rotors,pads,etc,etc....it turned out we had by misstake "jerked" or manhandled the electrical brake switch connections,on the master cylinder, during our "manouvers" in such a way that it became disconnected or shorted....
    We replaced the little brake switch on the master cylinder with a "single connector" switch(I was told the Original,double connector-type is NLA...?) and did some "fancy" bypass connection-thing(to ground,I think..) and it works fine ever since....

If this has been said previously...Please disregard.../ Lars...

P.S...Is the "Original-type"double connector swich available somewhere?...
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

I wasn't aware Porsche went to a master cylinder pressure switch this early ('73). In any case, IMO, the mechanical, normally open (NO) switch on the MC push rod is preferred due to it's adjustability. If this switch is NLA, any NO, momentary leaf switch (or even a mechanical domestic brake switch, if need be) can be adapted to operate the brake lights.

Sherwood

Sherwood,

The switch in question is just a warning light that is supposed to come on when the MC fails. The warning light is also used for the parking brake which is why it's a problem when the MC switch fails. I just disconnected the MC portion in my car as it is malfunctioning as well.

The brake lights come using the on/off switch on the MC rod.
    Neil
    '73 911S targa

Quote Originally Posted by jtkkz
    I replaced my front rotors yesteday.

My parking brake light that blinks when handbrakes are applied and stops blinking when you put down the hand brake.

Well, now it will not stop blinking any idea why???

Any idea why did this happen?

thank you for all your responses
    I recently went through this. See my thread: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showt...blinking+brake
    Harry

Member #789
    1970 VW Sunroof Kombi Bus - "The Magic Bus"
    1973.5 911T Targa for fun - "Smokey"
    2009 MB C300