Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Red interiors?

Red interiors?

I was speaking with JCR this past weekend about my Black/Black 70"S". The car was originally a silver car with a red interior. Since I was looking at replacing the seats soon, we got to talking about how hard it would be to go back to a red interior.
    Does anyone have any pics of a legit red interior car? How big of a job would this be (more importantly, how expensive?) Were the dash and door tops red or black? Any help is appreciated.
    Dave
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

A "legit red interior" ..... I'll assume you don't want any photos of the Gray Wolf!

Depends? Is it accurate?
    I see pics of red interiors with black dash's and some with red. Just want to know what is correct for a 70S.
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

The door caps and dash would still be black.

Don

Hmmm, that would certainly make it cheaper. Does anyone re-pop the red door panels. I would prefer not going with the RS panels.
    Thanks
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Red interior

Here are interior pics of a silver 73E we used to own (it was actually Cain's before me), original red interior. Wife is blocking part of the door panel but you get the idea (I just noticed she has red and black on too)! Hope this helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

'74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Great Minds?

I have a black 70 S Coupe. It HAD a ALL black interior.
    I copied Chris O'Donell's National Winning '73 S Coupe, and Curt's Grey Ghost.
    Here are photos after I brought it to Autos Intl. for the red leather redo. PM me for details
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

My God, Ray...what a nice interior.

Dave, some idiot paid a bunch of money to turn a perfect silver/red 911 70S coupe into a stunning BLK/BLK 911 70S coupe.

Are you certain that you wish to invest a bunch more money to somewhat reverse that? I understand that you like high speed curves now too.

Take some time to consider where you should spend your p car money...are you going to continue to race that car and blow big track prep dollars? Or, are you going to blow big restoration dollars with a partial attempt at returning it to its original state.

Just a thought for you roll around. I love your car...alot. Shawn.

edit: Did I just tell someone how to best spend thier money? Please disregard this post. The author is quite sloothered. S.
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399

I appreciate that Shawn. The paint on the black car is getting on in years and while still quite nice I know that someday I will have to re-do it. AT that time I will be faced mith a major moral dilemma. I love black......everything I own is black.
    However, I guess it would be crazy not to go back to the original silver if I went to all the expense of a restoration on an otherwise pretty original #s matching "S".
    In the meantime I also love red interiors and red works with black and silver.
    As far as racing the car goes, it wil never be a "Race" car. I may participate in one or two D.E.s in the course of a season but the primary use for the car is to have fun as it was intended.
    There is about $10,000 worth of changes I would like to make.....hehe
    Dave
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439