Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tomorrow's meeting

Tomorrow's meeting

Tomorrow I'll attend our monthly Registry meeting as every month ... and as every month will be baffled at the discrepancy between paid Registry members and registered message board contributors. I just don't get it... The roughly 500 members of the Registry is making possible the use of the 1170 that use the message board ... I realize that a percentage of the 500 Registry members contribute to the message board, but come on... certainly not all, and even at that, the well over 50% discrepancy is obvious. This message board is the BEST source of information concerning the early 911 internationally... and is the de-facto information point for the R-Gruppe as well. I hate being the one who has to grind on you contributors... I'd much rather be drive'n my old blue car... or finishing the second installment of my rebuild article for the next ESSES... But, without paid Registry members this message board will no longer exist. Please prove me wrong... I'd would love old Fred Truman, our membership data base advisor, to report we now have a paid membership equal to the contributors of the message board... or even that we broke 1000.

So... please contribute to this small community... please help it grow.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/members1.html

... now how do I step off this soap-box?

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

You are absolutelly right Chuck, I for one will make my contribution right away.

Thanks
    Henry

Early 911S Registry dues

To all the free loaders on this board,
    I would like to think that all on this board are honorable people but, it dosen't appear so. I suggest changing the manner of sign up to use this board, as in PAY up front to obtain access! I don't think that $35.00 a year will cause any undue hardship for any who use this fantastic medium to share information.
    COME ON GUYS! It takes up a lot of time and hard work, the few who administer this registry do it for all of our enjoyment! So for all of you who haven't paid up, DON"T BE A FREE LOADING MOOCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roger Grago
    Early 911S Registry member since 1999
    R Gruppe #27

Thanks Roger,
    I feel it's not up to me to put it that strongly... although sometimes I'd like to...

Roger is a good friend and supportive member of the Registry for a long time ... also as the SoCal R-Gruppe chief we welcome his club information on this board.

BTW,

It's actually $30.00 - domestic and $40.00 - International, and an extra $5.00 if you want an associate on your membership...

About the same as we spend a year on cleaning products for our cars ... or less

Ya know, with the healthy blood and enthusiasm in this community we really shouldn't be struggling ...
    So please do your part to help keep this thing going...

Thanks and cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

put it up for vote....

I'm another paid dues member who feels anyone who uses this board should pay for the use.
    The Board puts in MANY VOLUNTEER HOURS for the Registry. I'm sure the Registry could use the dues to improve this valuable asset.
    There are many options.
    First time user, first post, pays and becomes a member. Maybe after the first 10 posts, or any other number the Board chooses, person must pay, becomes a member.
    I know where I work, you do not contribute, your name is posted on a DEAD BEAT LIST...subtle peer pressure
    Bottom line, if you use it, PAY FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

Baffled

I too, am baffled! There are exceptions to every rule, but generally, those who own a early 911, S or not, CAN afford $35 per year dues.
    The deal is, that everyone takes the above mentioned clubs for granted. There is a lot of work involved to keep the ball rolling. It's usually the same half a dozen people who are bustin butt to put events on, whether it be R Gruppe, or S registry. Hey, many people have no time to contribute their efforts. NO PROBLEM !! Just belly up and pay the $35 per year ! That's all that's asked!! No lugging tables and chairs........no spending hours thinking up what to write for the next news letter.......just pay the $35 per year.
    It's a shame the dues thing might have to be enforced, but the end of the message board and or clubs, would be real bad.
    Another thing I understand is that out of the 1000+ registered users, a high percentage NEVER makes peep on the message board or attends events. They are just interested in the cars and people who contribute. many don't even own a 911.
    There are many who scan our classified sections and make a profit from it, who I am sure don't pay dues.
    This is a tough situation believe it or not. It is up to the board members to make a ruling. I could go on, but I won't.
    With that said.....I don't think MY dues are paid up!! I'll make the inquiry right now!

Thumbs up Be a part of this board's success!

This is without a doubt the best internet board about the early 911 in existence today, especially if you consider the amount of accurate and extensive information available on it. For example, where else can you learn everything you wanted to know (and more) about early 911 sport seats!

So, I would urge all of you who feel you have gained $30 worth of information from reading posts on this board (in money saved or earned) to join the early 911 S registry. That should be a couple hundered new folks right there!! Please join and contribute to this board's success. Thanks!!!
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Well said everyone.... I want to add that it's easy to forget when one's membership has lapsed, case in point mine just recently did....

But lucky for me.... I rec'd a renewal reminder from Fred Truman to "get with it"...which I happily did

Personally, I find it an uncomfortable feeling to be "in the club, hangin' wit da boyz...." knowing that I haven't paid up....

Come to think of it, I'd better sign up the wife too...no excuse for her...!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Well, one problem is the difficulty in registering and paying.

I tried to re-register a few months ago, but it was so hard to do that I gave up. If I had lots of spare time I would have stuck with it, but I don't.

This may be inevitable in a small org. but ....

Nonsense Randy... especially in the good old U.S. of A.

Check or credit card...

Please tell me what the problem is and if we can we'll fix it...

Here's the form:

http://www.early911sregistry.org/Images/MemberForm.pdf
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter