Pay Up, Or Shut Up!
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

I've also had bad luck trying to register,

I have downloaded my application, and have it filled and ready. I have tried to fax it twice to Micael Hammond's fax number (as it appears on the sheet), and I get no answer; I have emailed Michael, and also have gotten no answer.

I don't want to mail it with my credit card number on it.

My fax has finally been sent, I'm just waiting on Michael's confirmation,

I totally agree with what yuo guys have expressed in this post, everyone who uses the forum should pay, but I agree with Randy, it could be easier.
    Henry

It took me less than a minute to download the registration form off Chuck's post on my computer via Adobe Acrobat Reader, and Michael's fax number is working as we speak - whatever problems you guys were having are no longer. It's VERY easy to register!
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Thanks for the reply Henry,

One of the options on this message board is "Membership Questions" if you or ANYONE inquires on this option I will try to answer you as soon as I can...
    Please, we need every membership, so if you are having any trouble at all call Mike Hammond first... then inquire on the 'Membership' option on this board.. we will try to straighten it out ASAP...

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

A secure web form would be a good addition. When I last tried, I eventually reached someone who told me to Email in my credit card #. I am not about to send my credit card # thru an Email.

Idiocies like "pay up or shut up" seem calculated to NOT get people to register.

Are the dues by calendar year or does everyone have a different month of expiration? I know that supposedly I will get notified on my last copy of Esses that my dues are due (so to speak). Are you guys sending out monthly notices other than that? I wonder how many people actually remember when their dues expire?

A suggestion might be to send out notices for dues for the coming year in Nov. of the current year to all members at one time.

I think limiting certain access/functions of the boards to the paying members could work to cut bandwidth costs (PMs, posting pics, custom user text and such). Denying access to the boards in totality would be a huge mistake. I myself learned a great deal just by reading for the two years before I bought my car.
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Exclamation Come on guys

I'm sorry, and Randy this is not pointed at you but. There is an address to MAIL A CHECK to, is that too hard? If it's important, you find a way to get the job done.
    What did people do before we had the internet or relied SO heavily on credit cards?!

Roger Grago
    911S Registry member since 1999
    R Gruppe #27

Yeh, what Roger said...

Michael (70SATMan)
    Your dues are due after one year on the quarter that you joined... when you had received your 4th issue of the ESSES you're due for renewal and you will be reminded on that last issue by a red stamp on the back cover that reads 'LAST ISSUE PLEASE RENEW' ... If you space on that then Fred Trueman will send you a post card/ phone call/ or e-mail reminding you... All this takes allot of time and effort so you-all can be current with your membership...

The Registry is coming up on it's 15th anniversary next year - Vern & Betsy for the first 5 and us Socal guys for 10 ... Man, that'll be 120 Saturdays, not counting special events... That's allot of Saturdays for the 3 to 5 of us for the last 10 years ... but that's OK, we're here, and we're try'n to make it as easy us we can for the members.

... All we need is your support

If there is ANY questions PLEASE ask... we're here to help

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Quote Originally Posted by rst73
    There is an address to MAIL A CHECK to, is that too hard?
    That's what I have always done, and it works fine. When I get the issue of Esses with my renewal notice, I send in a check. No problem.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

"If it's important, you find a way to get the job done."

- Feel free to aim it at me. The simple fact is that its way down on my scale of importance. To me, the really important things are my family, protecting endangered species (my job), human interactions with friends, etc. The car itself is down on that list, and any web site is further down. And, Early S is a low priority car membership for me, below rGruppe because I don't have an Early S, I have a very modified early T.

Making it harder to pay that membership just pushes it into the nether zone of things that don't get done. IF there is an easy way to do it, I try it. I did and it didn't work. So maybe next time.

So that is my story - I am sure other lapsed members have stories too. Those who have been strident are not hleping.