Thread: 911R Watershields: placing orders

911R Watershields: placing orders

a friend and fellow R Gruppe member is going to fabricate these 911R Watershields...depending on demand.

i am just the middleman here tyring to help build numbers to get them fabricated plus i would like a set.

here's what i know:
    • they would be available for 40s and 46s.
    • they would be powdercoated (a bit more sheen than satin but not as much as semi-gloss).
    • would become available if he could get at least 8 sets "pre-ordered" (i have 4 people interested thus far).
    • note the screens on top of stacks which are common weber parts.
    • price will be approx $150-200 depending on the quantity produced.
    • would become available in jan or feb.
    • you would not pay me i am just trying to get them produced.

i would be happy to answer any questions. remember i am just the middleman so give me some time to contact my friend and reply.

my personal opinion, the craftsmanship is really top quality and i consider myself very picky. the pictures were taken by me so i have had the chance to view these in person.

tilton101@comcast.net
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

They look cool.

It's not clear to me, but do they come with the intake screens?

How does it sound compared to the typical Weber air filter assemblies (not the Porsche one)?

Are they suitable for a street car? Would the lack of real filtration hurt the engine?

Any idea what is more efficient- Screens on the intake or K&N filters?

The closer your friend gets to $100 the more likely I would buy a set.

Neil
    Neil
    '73 911S targa

Bob,
    Those watersheilds are cool, but the screens are EXTREMELY restrictive and they also interfere with the fuel stand-off above the velocity stacks during acceleration. A flat screen on top of a V stack like that will rob signifigant HP.
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Would a domed screen work better?

Jack
    1972 911S- viper green
    1970 914/6- tangerine
    1967 Ferrari 330GTC- oro chiaro

More than Original
    Bob I would be intrested in pair. The price is just for the watershileds, correct? The airfilters I assume are seperate.
    Bret Davis
    1968 911L

judt talked to the fabricater.

the screens and foam would be seperate. the ones shown were purchased from fast freddys. they are weber parts.

the engine will of course be louder.

edited to correct above parts place.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com

just got off the phone with jay sycip.

the filter is is made up of two honey comb style screens that sandwhich 1/8" foam all of which are actual weber parts.

i am told there would be no restriction with this filtration system.

it looks like jay is going to move foward with production.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com

Coming from a background of high performance street and racing VWs, we have used unfiltered Weber IDA's since the 70s. Over the years many people have tried to utilize filters like this on the VWs and found that they are very restrictive. This is why 99% of the VW guys just go without and deal with the increased ring wear. The other 1% use a ITW style foam filter that zip ties to each velocity stack.....even that has been found to be somewhat restrictive.

Yes, a domed filter is a better option than a flat screen filter simply because the dome offers more surface area for air to pass through. With a flat filter streatched across an opening like a velocity stack the percentage of mesh compared to air space is very high.

Not trying to ruffle feathers or knock the watersheilds, they look very cool. Most people may not notice the restriction of the filters, but it is there. Just offering the caveot.
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

jay is looking to complete the sets my mid feb at the latest. all those interested please contact me. thanks.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com