Thread: Where to get dash trim inserts?

Where to get dash trim inserts?

I would like to replace the somewhat tired plain vinyl dash face trim in my 69S with either basket weave material to match the new Nurburgring Seats I just installed or with brushed aluminum panels. Does anyone know of a good source for either of these options? Thanks.
    Bill

1969 911S - slightly bastardized

By the way, what has Porsche been doing for the last 30 years?

If you want to match the seats then call up the manufacturer and ask to buy some material.
    If you want the original basketweave then I would suggest buying some old door panels. They come up from time to time on ebay. That's what I did for my 71'S resto. I might even have some left over when I'm done. I'll check and get back if you would like.
    Bobby
    71' Olive 2.2E Targa / Early S #491

I've always considered the glass to be half full...that is until I reached middle age and realized that it is actually half empty.

Autos Int'l

I called Autos Int'l and they sold me a roll of basketweave for $15. I used the old pieces as a template and cut it to size. Buy some 3M Adhesive to bond it.

Good luck.
    Bert Jayasekera
    1970 911T - Tangerine Orange
    Early 911S Registry #494
    R Gruppe #167

Bert.
    can you post info on Autos Int'l I would like to buy some also.
    Thanks
    Derek

oxfordsearly911@mchsi.com
    1972 911t Coupe(being Restored)
    1973 911t Targa(parts Car)
    2001 Audi A4 Quattro
    2004 Ford F150

Google is your friend.
    Autos Int.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobboloo
    If you want to match the seats then call up the manufacturer and ask to buy some material.
    If you want the original basketweave then I would suggest buying some old door panels. They come up from time to time on ebay. That's what I did for my 71'S resto. I might even have some left over when I'm done. I'll check and get back if you would like.

Thanks Bobby - I would be interested in the extra material if you still have it.
    Bill

1969 911S - slightly bastardized

By the way, what has Porsche been doing for the last 30 years?

Door panels on 68

Has anyone tried "patching" old cut speaker holes on a NLA 68 door panel? Or better yet, found any NOS or nice condition uncut panels in black??? I was thinking that with the basket weave supplied by AI, a good vinyl repair guy could fix...???
    Michael
    '56 T-1 356 bent window coupe...
    68 911L Burgandy Red R Gruppe #388
    72 911S Coupe, Sepia Brown