Thread: fog light opening covers and where to obtain

Question fog light opening covers and where to obtain

Hi, I have a 70t that the prior owner put fog lights in the openings in the front bumper. They are not wired up, he wanted to fill the opening. Is there and can you get what appears to be a filler part that covers the fog light opening and delete the fog lights, if so where? Thanks, Cort Chambers.

Start calling the rect-um yards...any '69-73 912, T, or E, should contain the covers on their standard front bumper. Maybe you could find a bumper too crashed to salvage, yet the covers still good? Dunno what to say about the surround plastic trim though...that may be the hardest to find. To add to the problem? As soon as the '72 "S" spoiler arrived on the scene, it didn't take the fiberglass folks long to make repops...and many 912, 911T, 911E and earlier than '72 "S" owners couldn't wait to "update". Sadly, count me among them. I remember hauling a perfectly good 1970 911T bumper assembly to the landfill. Hell, I didn't want it then, and neither did anybody else I knew...back in '72.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

I have a set that I would be willing to part with. What's a fair price? I can send you some pictures.
    Neil
    '73 911S targa

fog light hole covers

mid america motorworks (mamotorworks.com) sells the covers and rubber gaskets.
    they're abit pricy though.
    bob m.

Stoddard shows them in their catalog...

Part numbers:
    902.505.055.21GRV right
    902.505.056.21GRV left

Looks like ~$36/side plus about $10.00 in mounting hardware and gaskets.

So figure about $100 with shipping. Don't know what mid americas units are like, but the Stoddard ones will be good quality.

800 342 1414
    Michael
    '56 T-1 356 bent window coupe...
    68 911L Burgandy Red R Gruppe #388
    72 911S Coupe, Sepia Brown

Accordingto Stoddards it is $49.41 each

right side available, left side need to be ordered.

hi Cort;
    drop me a line if you're still looking & i'll check.
    cheers
    jerry