Thread: Lit meet and ex-Dunkels show

Lit meet and ex-Dunkels show

I happened to see this recently on one of the 356 sites:

http://www.lalitandtoyshow.com/

Check out the "Related Events" icon on the top right-hand side of the page for information about the successor to the late, lamented Dunkels event.
    Dick Moran

Ex Dunkel Bros.

Now Open to All European Makes I guess I'll take a "wait and see" attitude, but my initial thought is disappointment. It's been a great long-distance event for me the last four years and All Porsche was the big draw.

Jim
    SWBGRUPPE
    Dues Paid Member #279

This is interesting. There were rumors yesterday on Pelican about this. Doesn't take long for you guys to find stuff.

Before the GAF, or whatever he called it this last Sept., I talked to Cambell about the future of Dunkels on the phone. He told me that a venue was the problem and I suugested he look into Vets Stadium. He said he had not heard of it but knew about the High Performance Swap every 2nd Sun.

Just like most of you, he didn't know me. So he doesn't probably remeber where he got the tip, LOL. You can thank me, but I didn't have anything to do with adding BMW and Mercedes, that's for sure. The stadium and it's parking are every big as Ventura but has no buildings. So, everything will be out in the open, just like Dunkels.

I think it's a great move and it's only 2 miles from my house. As things progress and you guys start looking for places to eat and stage for an R Gruppe and Early 911 Registry caravan and entrance for parking, I can help as this is my backyard. Somebody come with me and we'll scout for the best place. Off hand, I can think of freeway easy and lots of safe parking at more than one place .

Gburner
    Quote Originally Posted by SWBS
    Now Open to All European Makes I guess I'll take a "wait and see" attitude, Jim
    So will it be like the Pomona swap euro/VW section?
    I have heard only rumors of an open house at Andial that Saturday too?
    I expect R Gruppe will be planning something to fill in the gaps during the weekend.
    Dunkels sure was an interesting place. I liked the jumbo tron with vintage race films, fun stuff.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Sam

Self anointed Head of the SSSP
    ( Super secret seat police )
    our motto is : if you've got a bug up your ass, we put it there

67S polo red 307958S (gone but not forgotten )
    87 factory turbolook Lagoon green metallic ( G50 O'yeah )

I believe Andial's open house was the Saturday before Dunkels and Willhoit had his on the Fri before the Lit Show/Dunkel weekend. The Pristine open house was something like 3 weeks before that.

All in all, a very busy time.

I am thinking of coming over to Ca this spring and would like to take in an event like this and an RGruppe or Early 911S Registry get-together. Are there any other events that I should be aware of? Looking to buy a 911 to bring home and possibly a pickup or SUV to run around in and fill with parts (especially SSIs) to bring back to England
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk