Thread: ANy one have info on Jesse Alexander?

ANy one have info on Jesse Alexander?

I usually just lurk here but I was hoping that some one might be familiar with this gentlemans work.
    I was reading an article in a local magazine about a Jesse Alexander. He is a Santa Barbara native and a motorsports photographer. He covered the 1953 Carrera Panamericana and is best known for his work covering the European circuit between 1953 and 1962. He has many works in galleries and collections throughout the world. He has one book listed in the article " Driven, The Racing Photography of Jesse Alexander ". Seems as though he was good friends with Sir Sterling Moss. It is stated that he is currently working on a book of Porsche images from the 1950s and 60s. The article shows several fantastic images of Reims, Nurburgring and Monaco.
    Has anyone seen some of his work, maybe remember his photos in Car and Driver, Road & Track and even Sports Illustrated from that time period?
    His studio is in Carpinteria, which is just a stones throw away from my work. I plan on making a trip down there later this year. Just seems like someone that would be fun to sit down with and listen to and I was just wondering.
    Dan Byers
    71T targa - "Stay Puff"
    EarlyS Member #608

I have a copy of "Driven" and it is truly an amazing book! He is without a doubt my favorite racing photographer.
    You can often find his books on Ebay and of course Amazon.
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

http://www.jessealexander.com/

he is an amazing photographer. i also have the driven book which is great in quality and design. i actually painted the home office in the same color scheme. the the postcard set in a tin box is also very nice. there is another book in color but very expensive and of course out of print. i have yet to see one advertised under $250.
    i would say driven is a must have in the "library".
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Very nice man...very easy to talk to

A former neighbor and very good friend of Fremans'... Has shown up for some of the very first R-Gruppe events...

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thanks for the replies. The information helps alot. Ill report back if I get the chance to talk to him.
    Dan Byers
    71T targa - "Stay Puff"
    EarlyS Member #608