Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vic Elford in Ohio this winter?

Vic Elford in Ohio this winter?

Cross posted from Pelican
    Gents,
    Last winter myself and Mr John Dixon spoke about opening up the TajMaGaraj in Ohio for one of Mr Elfords meet & greet guest speaking visits.

We spoke to Mr Elford's Business manager and discussed the expense involved with something like this. At that time the Taj was under construction and we decided to hold off until it was more feasable.

The goal would be to provide a nice evening of mid-winter entertainment for the Midwest faithful, hopefully warding off the inevitable cabin fever. This is not an inexpensive proposition but our goal would be to pay for expenses while having some profit left over for a charitable donation to the local Ronald Mcdonald House.

The evening would consist of full access to the TajMaGaraj collection, cocktails and snacks, an opportunity to meet Mr Elford and probably the display of a famous Porsche based racing film.

We would like to gauge the interest before commiting to the project. Is this something that would interest you guys in the midwest. We would probably limit the guests to 100 or so (keeping it small and intimate) and ask for a $50-70 donation for the evening. Does this seem viable to those of you in the area?

Thanks for any feedback.......
    Dave Conklin

Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Loud lederhosen saves lives hoffman912's Avatar
    Dave,

count me in!!!
    Harry Hoffman
    1968 912 #3656, burgundy red 'Fritz'. Some mods..
    912 Registry charter member #912R0195-C
    Early 911S Registry Member #2070
    356 Registry Member #36691

http://hoffman912.blogspot.com/

Depends on the date. If I'm open, I'll be there.

What is that car in the middle? If my eyes don't deceive me, it looks like a 356 custom panel wagon? If so, anyone have any better close ups?

Quote Originally Posted by gruen911
    What is that car in the middle?
    A friend of mine used to do VW panel truck and speedster conversions. I imagine these fiberglass parts could have been used with some 356 parts to create something like that, but I'm guessing here.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    Vic Elford... gauge interest? Are you kidding?

Count me in! Charging for some hot laps with Vic in the Carrera GT would be one way to put the charity contribution WAY over the top .
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

For those of you in the Midwest you shouldn't miss this opportunity to see John's cars and of course meet Vic E. Dave was kind enough to arrange a visit for me and my family over the Thanksgiving weekend. Some very cool cars and the upstairs game room is to die for.

BTW, the custom 356 van will be featured in Excellence with photos taken by none other than our very own 'Cornpanzer'.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Between the response here and Pelican, I would say that we have pretty good interest.
    We will see what the next step is now.
    In the meantime, here is a snapshot (not the Excellence pics) of the 1958 Sedan Delivery. It is all steel hand fabricated. The car has a four cam and Rudge knock-off's. Look for the story in Excellence early next year.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Renn-Spot - Cars & parts For Sale - http://renn-spot.blogspot.com/
    1970 911"S" - Black (originally silver)
    1974 911"S" - Silver
    1973 911"T" - Bahia Red - Now Sold
    10 sec 67 VW
    Early "S" Registry #439

Uhhhhhhhhh....early Porsche's and train tracks! That's a bad omen.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

To think...I once thought an old bus running hot 911 power was cool. Well, I still do...but this is somethin' else! Boyd Coddington, move over...a shame, but I'll bet it's too small to carry a casket....sure reminds me of a 1950's hearse though.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)