Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I broke my car again...

I broke my car again...

While I was mapping my cars interior carpet pieces and thier respective placement, I used my butt to bump the passenger door to close.

Usually, my car doors close with a click and a sweet bliinnngg. Tonight I got a nasty clunk sound. When I opened the door again...a bunch of amber colored bits fell out of the door lock mech.

Simple part replacement...so I thought. I understand the c post door lock system. I am at a loss for locating a replacement unit. I have looked though a bunch of catalogs and sites. Make me look stupid and post one.

Please help me. Shawn.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399

These seem too obvious, but I will post anyway... from Mittelmotor.de or factory CD ROM.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Early S Reg #675

Shawn,

Believe through your dialogue that you mean part # 9 above...? yes? You replace the whole part...metal and plastic, can't get the plastic separately.

Call Gary Emory, he usually has both sides in stock...(don't email him...he'll answer the phone....)

503 - 835-2300.

Eric

hey shawn,
    as eric mentioned if it is the no 9 part from the first pic then it would be better to get the whole assembly. although i think they do sell the parts through tweeks. i ordered a set that is advertised for both sides and it's actually for one side ($40). by pair they mean each side is 1 pair of plastic pieces that fit into part 9. i ended up buying a good used set from EASY for real cheap. you will need the special star hex socket (12 point i think) to remove and install. same type of socket for the flywheel bolts. the glossy catalogs sell just the one for the flywheel for some outrageous price of $30. local auto parts store had a 6 piece set for around $12 (which had both sockets to fit the flywheel bolts and door jam).
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

thanks guys

That is just what I needed. Now that I have seen (and saved) the diagram, I get it. My brain works better with an exploded view. However, they are actually two pieces as Bob mentioned.

Thanks for responding to my question.

Happy Christmas and Merry New Year to you guys. Shawn
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399

Silly question from one who's never done it? Does the assembly align itself correctly after removal when trying to replace it? Or, could things shift position, causing their own little nightmare?
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

I've got an extra new door latch piece for the right side ( some a$$hole ordered two rights, not a right and a left ) , it is the 964 update part in black. New, never used. Email me if interested and we'll work something out.

dasher-j@insightbb.com

Jim

Those bolts are 8mm 'triple square', or 12 point. NAPA sells the socket for that.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

well...

I've been busy mounting my Peter Z seat(s). I have the driver side only mounted with its very lowest setting . (you can also gain or lose approx. 3/16" from center by flipping the base mount) With a 5'-11" driver, it is perfect...for me. Should be fine with a bowling ball on my head.

Kinda fun driving around without the passenger seat...I may leave it out for a while.

The part that I need is within the catch that mounts on the car body. It catches and holds the door and locks it to the car body. It is (a part of) part #11 in 911s911rs's second diagram posted.

I figured that I would be able replace just the broken plastic part from the catch unit...seems as that is not so. Presently the passenger door is held closed, it just needs to be pushed until the latch catches. No one handed close! Guess I will be visiting Napa for the 12 point Torx bit.

I will ring Emory and EASY as I could not find the needed part in my new or very old Tweeks Cats. Thanks again guys. I spin wrenches just fine Tom...Thanks.

Shawn.
    67 coupe roller
    99 M96 2.5 litre
    early911s reg 447
    R Gruppe 399

Did you find what the part you needed?

Thanks

Jim