Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did 67S sports seats have integral headrests?

Did 67S sports seats have integral headrests?

A friend of mine, Tor Helge of Norway, recently bought a superb 67S. The sports seats have headrests that fit down into the seat back, rather than the 356 style, I thought this style came in with the 68 MY. Come on the SSSP!

He has the original cardex, "Schlummerrollen" are headrests. Its interesting that the car came to Norway from Arizona where it seems it was sold new after originally being destined for Ca.

Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

well as we know anything is possible with porsche, 308490S is a late number car for 67, it's very possible that they started using the 68 style sport seats in the very late 67 cars, this is not the first time I've heard this but it would be nice if someone had pictures taken when the car was new showing those seats in the car, if they have the early style bases and the slider locking arm in the seat bottom then there is a good chance those are the original seats that came in the car, but as a lot of us know all you have to do to change out a set of seats is remove a few bolts and pop in any style early seat, so without pictures it's kind of hard to prove.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Sam

Self anointed Head of the SSSP
    ( Super secret seat police )
    our motto is : if you've got a bug up your ass, we put it there

67S polo red 307958S (gone but not forgotten )
    87 factory turbolook Lagoon green metallic ( G50 O'yeah )

The seats in my 68S are exactly the same as the ones you have pictured. I will get Tor Helge to get some pictures of the bases

I find it interesting that the cadex would mention heardrests and not sport seats, both sport seats and headrests would be an option and if the seats had the headrests already incorporated into them then all the cardex should have said was sport seat driver and passenger ?
    Sam

I guess that integrated headrests could have appeared in '67, but I've never seen one. My '68 S (chassis #003) has Sport Seats with one (passenger) headrest in the tubular 356 style. The seats and headrest are separate items on the Cardex. There's a somewhat obscured photo at:
    http://d240157.u39.zeonhost.com/foru...?t=3391&page=2

Those '67(?) seats don't seem to fit the timeline.

Jim

this is what we would generally except to see in a 67S with sport seats with headrests
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Sam

The separate headrests is what I would have expected too. I have asked Tor Helge to contrinute here himself.

My 68S is #016. Built it august/sept. of 67. There were NO headrest in the sport seats. If the kardex said headrests, but no mention of sport seats, I would say the car came without sport seats.

Rennsport
    Hi everybody, I`m new to the list.

It`s my car in question. I guess the seats are changed over the years since the sport seats are not documented in the Cardex.

Welcome Tor,

It is very cool to see the copy of your Cardex, thanks for sharing it through Nick.

Be sure to put some photos up on this 'Show us your ride' thread. I would like to see more of your '67S as well as your 964 RS.

http://d240157.u39.zeonhost.com/foru...ead.php?t=3884
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299