Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: R Gruppe East

R Gruppe East

Greetings all,

As per request, I'm starting a new thread to ask a few simple questions. Is there a listing of the east coast R Gruppe members with email addy? Is there any planned east coast R Gruppe meetings? Does the east coast R Gruppe do any annual events? Can the east coast R Gruppe members meet on a group chatroom to discuss things?

I know the credo of R Gruppe is to get out there and enjoy your cars...I do that every chance I get all by myself; however, I remain here in the upstate New York area all by myself. The only easterner I know here is Jens. Please don't mistake all this as whining...it's not. I'd just like to get to know the R Gruppe members. Any help on the above questions would be appreciated and none of it's meant to be disruptive to R Gruppe whatsoever.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Sam

Self anointed Head of the SSSP
    ( Super secret seat police )
    our motto is : if you've got a bug up your ass, we put it there

67S polo red 307958S (gone but not forgotten )
    87 factory turbolook Lagoon green metallic ( G50 O'yeah )

Ha, good one Sam. That must be a west coast shot. Up here the shots are of peeps curling (or hurling of course after a nite on da town) and dreaming of blizzards. LOL.
    Paul Schooley
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Paul - I'm the Midwest 'Chaptermeister'. We had our first official gathering 2 years ago at Watkins Glen during the Vintage races, sort of a combined Midwest-East Coast thing. Since then, we've had a few others. These are usually very informal and in conjunction with other events, i.e. Rennsport Reunion in Daytona (the longest R-Gruppe drive in history I might add .... ) , Taj Kreuze in Dayton, Porsches-to-Pinckney in Mich., an informal gathering in South Bend, IN. about a month ago, etc. The problem is that we have few members and driving distances are BIG. It takes some real effort and commitment to put something together.

As for 2005, we have a couple of things in the works. First, we've got the Porsche Parade in Hershey. This would be a natural for all East Coasters and most Midwesterners. Second is the Taj Kreuze. This was an absolute blast last year and we had a decent early car turnout. This year will be better yet. Also, Cornpanzer is working now on putting together a mid-winter get together at the Taj with Vic Elford as our guest. OK, the driving will not be a part of this one, but it will be a welcome relief from the winter blues. The best thing to do is stayed tuned to this BBS for announcements.

Paul, where are you located? There are a few East coast members, and hopefully some kind of get together in the spring. Although I haven't really heard of anything definite. Rick C. is the East coast Gruppemiester, maybe shoot him an email.....Hershey might be a possibility?

Jim
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Talking

Hershey's one of the few I can attend due to business constraints, so ya...I'm in. I'm across the border from Buffalo, NY in a one horse town called Stevensville (I sense a hick farmer sick pic coming from Sam on this one...ha).
    Paul Schooley
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Lemme see if I can park a shot of the interior work I'm in the midst of.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Paul Schooley
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Here I am .......

East coasters...
    I am the east coast chaptermiester for the R Gruppe. It's 10 below zero here, and I am headed out the door to help a stranded customer. This was a crazy summer for me. I know, no excuses, but there were some anyway.
    In 2005 , I plan to put something together. IT's a little tougher here in the northeast, as we have fewer members, and a LOT less good weather. I'll be back with a better reply tomorrow.
    Thanks, Rick Cabell

That looks good, nice winter project. I pass through that area a couple of times a year driving from RI to Michigan. I'm usually going about 90 mph trying to keep up with the traffic in Ontario.

Ah, so you're in the right lane huh Jim????
    Paul Schooley
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330