Thread: Sunnyside Run!

Sunnyside Run!

No celebrities, no long line of cars...nothing but my bride & I in a '72S crusing area backroads and twisties on a rare winter sunny day. Stopped for a break at a deserted park, shared a thermos of espresso with Cindy, enjoyed a stogie. MFI stacks sound even better in 30 degree weather! No pics...just wanted you guys to know that my car does get driven.
    Soon, it'll be kickoff...so I just want to add a GO USC!
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Nice.

Cold, dry air is like 10 extra hp.

Thanks Jack. You know, it kind of felt like that...more power than during the summer. The ROTHSPORT suspension worked extremely well, and driving "briskly", the highest oil temp I saw was the needle barely nudging 180. I gotta do this more often...nothing organized, just Cindy & I taking off on the spur of the moment. We had a ball! ! Oh...so did USC. Do you think the Eastern USA sports press will ever admit that the PAC 10 has some good football teams? (edit) A tip the Cali guys may never need...when driving in sub freezing temps on sunny days? Be VERY careful in areas where the road doesn't see sun, especially if bridges are involved. Frost and black ice can be slippery...
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

I've been loving & driving these cars since 1970....I COMPLETELY agree with above...my favorite time is coming home from work at 1:00 A.M. ish...cool or occasionly cold, night air, thick with oxygen here at sea level.....this is Mothers Milk for the air cooled boxer.......combined with wide open, empty roads & the few CHP or locals out & about usually working the busier fwys or streets.......it's a great time to let the road & the car & the driver merge, each one showing what they got without having to hold back......

Greg:
    in the bluest city of the bluest county of the bluest state.....

LOL....u fellers ought to try living a bit farther north, like, say, oh...CANADA!
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Isn't Canada getting too crowded, too full of hummers and other types of sports utes now? I got an email a short time back, explaining that Canada is being overrun with "undocumented immigrants"....hollywood folks fleeing the USA now that Bush has been elected to his 2nd term. . Seriously tho, I'll pass on driving where it's snow and ice for months at a time. There aren't a lot of advantages to living at 45 degrees North, but one of them is we get to watch it drain away, which is much easier than having to shovel it!
    Guys, do take your "club cars" out on a solo run...just you & a significant other. It's another great way to enjoy the specialness of the early 911.

Cool, Sea Level Air

cold, night air, thick with oxygen here at sea level

Some of my fondest memories of living in the bay area are of returning north from San Jose at 2:00AM, pedal down with the targa-top off and the heat up.

One time the CHP pulled me over and I thought I was headed for the pokey (probably clocked me at about 120) but after a short speech about hitting deer, all the trooper wanted to do was talk about my car. Whew!

That cool air can be magic.

jol