Thread: Porsche Gearing Info Spreadsheet

Porsche Gearing Info Spreadsheet

Guys,
    A while back I posted a question on the PP board regarding top end speeds and rpm ranges for my 67 911 with a 901/02 gearbox.
    One of the guys sent me an email with an entire spreadsheet he had created cross referencing specific Porsche gears by speed, rpm range, and tire size. It is really quite amazing. It is in XL format and the cell formulas were set-up to allow the user to input any early Porsche gearset and see what their rpm ranges and max speeds would be.
    It is quite amazing and would be clearly useful for anyone tracking their car to see how they can adjust their gearing to optimize their car's performance and efficiency.
    If anyone is interested, I would be happy to email it. Even better, if someone knows how to post it on the registry so that anyone can download it, it would save me the hassle of mass emailing this thing which I suspect will be the case.

Glad you liked it.

Thumbs up

All questions should be directed to the author - Ervikingo.....

P.S. - Are you done working out the add'l hp formula for compression and octane yet?

Quote Originally Posted by gruen911
    P.S. - Are you done working out the add'l hp formula for compression and octane yet?
    I'm keeping that one for myself

I'll be adding the dyno figures when my new engine is done (no idea if it will help but its a practical application for the PC).

Similar Threads

1. Gearing Question
    By Sisuman in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-23-2012, 05:07 AM
  2. US vs RoW gearing
    By Jules Dielen in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-07-2011, 08:54 AM
  3. 915 Gearing References
    By gtgroupe3 in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 3