Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSD Box and Blaster Coil Wiring Question

Red face MSD Box and Blaster Coil Wiring Question

I bought a MSD Box and Blaster coil to help reduce the plug fouling problems I have been having on my 67 911S motor. I am guessing that others on this board are running this set-up on their early 911S SWB engines as well due to our deep pocket heads ? If so, can anyone post some pictures showing the wiring and positioning of their set-up? I already have a Permatune 6 plug box installed so I generally understand that 2 of the wires go to the battery (+ and -), two to the coil (+ and -), one to the distributor, and one to the tach. I just want to look at someone elses work so there are no questions left in my mind. Also, can anyone confirm if I will need some type of adaptor kit from MSD in order to have my Tach gauge work properly? I have assumed that since I already have a CD box set-up that the Tach will accept any CD unit, but I have been wrong before - more than I would like to admit...
    Thanks

You might try this post over at Pelican. There are countless MSD fans over there. A search may yield pics of the wiring set-up as well. To build your enthusiasm, here's a pic of Ron Madaio's install in progress. He posts as RoninLB over there. His MSD unit of choice is the (blue) Marine unit. Evidently they are built tougher than the more common red ones, with more corrosion & vibration resistance.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

I just had the MSD installed a few days ago. I would love to show you pics, except that I'm leaving for Tahoe right now. I can post pics on Sunday, if you can wait that long.
    Early 911S Registry #472
    1968 S - #477
    Mostly Stock

I had MSD on my 67S and was very impressed with the cold runing, no more plug fouling etc. I purchesd the MSD adapter for the tack. it did not work, I also had a Bosch CD box onmy car. I sent the tack to North Hollwood speedmeters (818) 761-5136 and they made the Tack work. Fritz

Tyson,
    I was hoping to take you up on your offer to post those pic's for me.
    Thanks

So many questions, so few answers....

Add my name to the list....

I have the MSD unit, Blaster coil and tach option sitting on the shelf.

Thanks in advance!

Joe

Pics

I hope this helps.
    Early 911S Registry #472
    1968 S - #477
    Mostly Stock

Tyson,
    Can you take some close ups of the wiring. I am hoping to see what wires I need to connect to. Thanks.

gruen911,
    I can, but they are all wrapped.
    Early 911S Registry #472
    1968 S - #477
    Mostly Stock

Here are some. Did you check out MSD's website? It has wiring instructions. It's on page 10 of the PDF instruction file.
    Early 911S Registry #472
    1968 S - #477
    Mostly Stock