Thread: Matter Roll cage help needed

Matter Roll cage help needed

Hi all
    I have a road/race 1969 911E which I use club events here in Western Australia. I have bought a Matter bolt in half cage which has a diagonal cross bar (removable) but it does not have a harness bar. I would like to add a harness bar. Can anyone advise me as to where a Matter bar might be bought, if they are available? And if they are not available, any ideas as to another solution?
    Thanks
    Simon Line

Matter has been out of business for a few years now. For some reason most of their bars did not have a harness bar or cross brace. I had one where I had a fabricator add a cross brace and harness bar. Good luck.

Best,

Don

Simon,

I think it would be easiest to get a local fabricator to safely add that bar for you - in the way that suits how you use your car.
    I would go to Lane (Kiwi, forget his last name) who does lots of race car prep and would handle that for you.
    Call my bother Brett, on (Windrush in Perth) 3141317 and he can give you Lane's number.

Regards

Hayden
    Technical Director
    Windrush Evolutions Inc.

After seeing Mad Max, I think you'd be able to fine a good metal fabricator in your area.
    Charlie
    '66 912
    '50 VW Bug
    '89 VW syncro Tristar Doka
    '83 VW Westfalia

Matter roll bar

hello; If I can remember correctly Matter was bought out by the English company Safety Devices. You may want to check with them if they have a cross bar that will fit.I have a Safety devices roll cage with the removable cross bar but no harness bar. It sounds like the same setup as you have.Thanks Eric

Similar Threads

1. WTB: Roll Cage
    By 911quest in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-28-2010, 04:32 AM
  2. Matter Full cage 65 -89
    By Rennman in forum For Sale: 911 Parts
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2010, 01:14 PM
  3. Threaded Plate for Roll Cage Mounting
    By chris_seven in forum Technical Info
    Replies: 9