Thread: Early 911 Sport Seat Question

Early 911 Sport Seat Question

Can someone help me date these seats for a friend? Sam... Eric? They were taken out of the car in the mid 70's. He says they're from the same year but I think they're from different years. The one seat doesn't have headrest holes and the slider arm on the bottom is in front which is different than the other seat. He wants me to sell them for him but before he sells them he wants to know if they are a matching set. Once I find out I'll probably list them here. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

The one with the fore aft adjustment coming out of the front of the seat is a 67/68 seat....if it's an original seat, then probably a 67, as they came with headrests (generally) in 1968.

The other seat is a 69 to 73. If it has the double locker slider on the bottom it's probably a 73..... If it has an electrical connection on the bottom with no double locker it's probably a 72....with neither one of those it's a 69 to 71.

This is general information.....

Regarding this pair? Not a match, but each is a nice seat!

Eric

These seats are now for sale as a pair in the For Sale/Wanted: 911 Parts forum.

Carl Bauer

Sport Seat Headrest grommets

Eric, do you know a source for the seat grommets where the headrests penetrate the seat back? Thanks.
    Steve Gackle

1973 911-S Coupe #1173; Light Ivory/Black

Early 911-S Registry #125

Sorry,

No source that I "know" of. I'm sure that there is something close out there...but, I've never had to replace any yet....really!

Eric

I'm sure that there is a Mercedes part number... starting with W113 cars to maybe the W123's? They seem pretty similar.

Seat grommets

Thanks for the quick reply. If I track any down, I'll let you know. Did see some on ebay a while back but they were in poor condition and the bidding went, like so many early 911 items lately, well beyond what I think they are worth.
    Steve Gackle

1973 911-S Coupe #1173; Light Ivory/Black

Early 911-S Registry #125