Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New version of Porsche PET??

Question New version of Porsche PET??

I've been using PET5 that I bought from the original underground source years ago before he was shut down by der company goons. It requires 1280 x 1024 screen res which is not my normal setting, so it's a minor inconvenience. Is the newly available Porsche PET set up differently, more convenient, better features??

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Jens, I hope somebody more computer literate than I responds here. I bought 2 copies from the area dealership. One of them was airmailed to Evren, a fellow R Gruppe guy, in Istanbul. He emailed back with raves. I'll trust him, since one of his degrees from M.I.T. is in computer engineering.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Thanks Paul. It's not like it's a lot of money, I just didn't want to toss cash down the tubes for no good reason.

Good recommendation, I'll give it a go. Thanks again.

RGruppe #183

Quote Originally Posted by Jens
    I've been using PET5 that I bought from the original underground source years ago before he was shut down by der company goons. It requires 1280 x 1024 screen res which is not my normal setting, so it's a minor inconvenience. Is the newly available Porsche PET set up differently, more convenient, better features??
    FWIW, Grady Clay over at Pelican has raved about the CD as well. I am waiting for Sunset to get mine in.
    Harry

Member #789
    1970 VW Sunroof Kombi Bus - "The Magic Bus"
    1973.5 911T Targa for fun - "Smokey"
    2009 MB C300

I'm surprised that no one posted that it is a pdf. That's what I hear - mine is on back order.

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar

Pet

PET6.0 is already out 6 months in Europe, still the same as 5.0. Works fine although I didn't manage the get the prices right (may be because it's an copy).

Quote Originally Posted by RandyWebb
    I'm surprised that no one posted that it is a pdf. That's what I hear - mine is on back order.
    Yep, PDF...even a computer illiterate like me can open it...still learning the ins & outs...
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

the little binocular symbol opens up a search area - very useful

Thanks! That was a big help.

pdf?! Does that mean it's an excercise in scrolling?

RGruppe #183