Thread: New owner getting started

New owner getting started

Hello All,

I am the new owner a '67 911(it may actually be a '66 but that's another thread). I have been reading this forum for about a month and a half now and figured it was time to say hi and ask a few questions. My car is mostly complete with exception of interior and perhaps some minor mechanical issues yet be found. I am in the process of getting it road worthy as it had been a project for the previous owner for upwards of 20 years. It is modified and beyond the point of return, at least for now. What's the best source for parts? I have browsed both Pelican and Tweeks websites and they seem to have basically the same stuff with Pelican being lower in price. When it comes to rubber seals, trim pieces, etc., does one carry better parts than the other? I'd rather pay a few extra dollars for door seals that fit properly and so on. My car looks like Jack Olsen's '72 minus the ducktail spoiler, not quite as nice but maybe one day. Tweeks has a fiberglass reproduction ducktail decklid for around 400.00. Is anyone familiar with this one? Are there other reasonable options? At this point, I'm not concerned with originality, just function.

Thanks,
    Brian

Welcome Brian,

If you are buying fiberglass panels for your car, forget about originality AND function and worry about getting to know someone who can spend the time to fit the panels correctly.

Better yet, just stick to original. The panels are cheaper, they fit, and... they are not crappy pieces of fiberglass.

Again, welcome!

Tim
    Early S Reg #675

Brian, welcome to the board.

A great place to learn people's views and outcomes with products is by searching the archives. I would primarily recommend searching here, for well informed, experienced info, but after we were hacked, we lost a lot of valuable info. A second place is the Pelican Parts Technical 911 BB: http://forums.pelicanparts.com/forum...p?s=&forumid=8

Good luck and welcome!

Rick
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Welcome! Let's see some pictures!!

Thanks guys.
    I'll try to get some photos up soon.

Brian