Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Old Polizei Targa pictures found

New Old Polizei Targa pictures found

A little digging uncovered two pictures that appeared in Christophorus magazines of the day. The first is the Targa pacing a race at local (to me)Bridgehampton with Mark Donohue on the pole http://www.Porsport.com/images/2005_...i/polizei3.jpg The second picture is of the car with the weomen of the export department at Porsche http://www.Porsport.com/images/2005_...i/polizei2.jpg I am waiting on one last photo of the car that was the possesion of the head toy designer at Corgi when they made the model of the actual car. A lucky E Bay find. Also have a shot of my recently aquired 67 911 Racecar from 1969 or 70 http://www.Porsport.com/images/2005_...ar/67911-1.jpg Hope you guys enjoy these.

Don

Nice finds, Don. That CanAm photo is fantastic - is that 'your' Polizei car in that photo?

Curt,

Yes my actual car. It is easy to tell by the lights as my Polizei was officially a US car and has the US lights. The car belonged to Porsche of America during 68. I guess when not used during the auto shows it was used to pace that race at least. It was sold off in Feb. 69 to Bill Yates Porsche one year after it arrived here.

Don

Really superb Don. Great to see you track down these photos of such a unique 911. What year was the Can-Am race at Bridgehampton?
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

Nice stuff Don!

BTW, you can show these photos directly in your posts...

1. On your web page - right click on the photo and select 'properties'.
    2. Highlight the 'address URL' and right click on the highlight, select copy.
    3. Come to the post a new message or reply message window.
    4. Find the little yellow box with the mountain (top middle) click on it.
    5. A little box pops up, right click in the little white box and select paste.
    6. Click OK

You just pasted the url address of the photo into the post (with html tags - tech speak), and the photos appears here forever, as long as it is still posted on your web site. You can do this with any photo, posted anywhere on the web. You don't have to up load the photos to this web site.

OK, I'll shut up now.

60 356 Roadster Race Car - ex Dick Barbour
    60 356 Roadster Race Car - Emory Outlaw
    63 Porsche Powered Special Race Car
    67 911S Stock
    67 911S Race Car - ARRC '69 & '71, Daytona 24 '75
    Esses Motorsports

The race was the 1968 US Road Racing Championship on May 19, 1968. Thanks for the tips Mark. I will try that next time. Thanks again.

Best,

Don

Great pictures Don. It is still strange for me to play golf on what was the Bridgehampton Race Track. It was the first track I ever drove on. Now I have to admit it is one hell of a golf course, but it was such a shame to have to lose the track.
    73 911S sunroof coupe

C'mon Walter. How could you play there? I have to rib you on that one! Sacred ground that was sold out. Definately a shame....

Best,

Don

I have to say, having a photograph like this of your car is priceless. Do you have any action shots (maybe too much to ask!)?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Thanks Jens. I have better, a DVD of the car racing early on in SCCA. I need have it set up off of my website. I am also waiting for an action picture that the original owner is looking for.

Best,

Don