Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the records: 305559S about to disappear from US

For the records: 305559S about to disappear from US

For the records: After some time at Better Body's in Florida to have all the preliminaries taken care of (Matt has essentially done all the welding needed, cosmetics will be taken care of in Europe), 305559S (10/66 911S coupe, supposedly#140) is ready to be shipped to Rotterdam. I can't wait to put my hands on it.....
    When it is up and running again, I will post pictures.....

TurfClubRoad

Turfclubroad, does this mean that there is a fellow dutchman on this board? Laat wat van je horen, ok? groeten, Arjen Bosman
    early s registry #661
    r-gruppe # 604

Wink

Smart man. Buys a Porsche in the USA when the dollar is in a nosedive, and has all the restoration work done over here and in $. Congrat's on the restoration and drive it hard - after it's broken in properly....

Dutch? Spot on.... just arrived back and set to go abroad again in a few months (just enough though to finish the cosmetics, I hope), so 305559S is in for some travelling, hopefully in the company of our long stored '87 3.2 convertible..... Will keep you posted. On the breaking in, hopefully I will be able to take it to its Fatherland, Autobahn YES!!!!! On the US$........ yup makes a difference, but its not for trade purposes.

Talking

Turf,
    Who is doing the work for you in Florida? How about mechanical work?
    I am in Zurich, and have a 67 with a 67S engine. If you ever feel a need to take your life into your hands at or under redline, I or George K can show you some twisties with stunning views in the land of chocolate, watches and German tax evaders...

Gruen,
    I will be taking 307984S (and my wife) from Amsterdam to Rome for a couple of days by the end of the month. I suppose Zurich is on the route. Any advice on nice roads? (That is; if I get to have it my way. My wife prefers to go by plane...)
    Arjen
    early s registry #661
    r-gruppe # 604

Gruen: its a shop called Better Body's in Florida, run by a German called Matt Froehlich. I have been impressed by the pictures he sent me but even more by the way he talked about his work. He has done quite a bit of work on 356's and early 911's and some other brands. The shop was recommended to me by the previous owner of my 911S. I am confident that I will be happy with his work done, which is also why I did not want him to prepare for paint job as that will show his work. That way I will be able to verify and finish knowing whats underneath the paint. If everything checks out I will be happy to share his details. The technical work should not be more than a rebuilt of the original transmission and of course the necesary bits and pieces to pass inspections here. I thought about having it done in the US but I happen to have a very good contact in the Netherlands for that work, AND at a very good price even taking into account the currency issues.
    Arjen: I wrote you a PM, could you check if you got it, I am not sure if it was actually sent.

Turf; no I didn't get your PM. Sent you one just now. Arjen
    early s registry #661
    r-gruppe # 604

Turf,
    I have an extra pair of Euro rear brake signals and housings in good shape. Can't help you on the front turn signal lenses/housings though. Let me know if you need them and I will hold off on listing them on EBay. What do you have for seats? Are they the Recaro sport seats or standard early SWB seats?

Arjen, do you mean February? I would advise you to listen to your wife unless your SWB comes with chains and/or an ice racing history.
    Early S Reg #675