Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: silver colored read deck lid "911" emblem

silver colored rear deck lid "911" emblem

Are there (or was there ever) a rear deck lid "911" emblem that is silver, not gold or black? I'd like one that says just "911", not 911S or 911E or 911T, etc.

Any ideas on where I can get one? I thought of chopping the letter off the end of one of the other ones, but I know I will always look at the place where it was removed....

I took my original silver 911T emblem and hacked the T off and polished the cut end. Since it would have then been offset slightly, I cut off the attaching posts and repositioned it with tape.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Silver, Gold, Black. or even Green. If it's a cool car sporting an emblem, I'll appreciate it. If I think the car isn't cool? May God grant me the grace to keep my F***ing mouth shut! IMHO? I'm getting tired of seeing RS clones. Gottabe a zillion of them out there. Kind of like all the fake 427 Cobras...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by CurtEgerer
    I took my original silver 911T emblem and hacked the T off and polished the cut end. Since it would have then been offset slightly, I cut off the attaching posts and repositioned it with tape.

Yup, did the same on mine but kept the mounting prongs.....

It's a no brainer and it is virtualy undetectable.

R Blue? No insult intended for you car...or any car with duck or flares...you're obviously not trying to fool anybody that you're driving a real RS...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

What about the idea of trying to change a black 911 emblem to silver?

This car will have no extra flaring BTW.

?

I'm not sure I understand your post....

... but my car is far from an RS and will also never have an RS badge on it. (Or carrera stripes)

The ducktail might be gone as well... but the 3.6 needs a bit of help staying on the ground (same goes for flares = more meat on the ground)

My targa will stay 100% stock

I adore stock 911's btw.

My philosophy about modifying cars has changed a lot since this 3.6 project... weird getting old stuff.

Changing a Black to Silver

Randy, mine had a 911S emblem that was black, just took paint remover, removed the paint and polished it, it looks great in silver.

BTW, what color would the P O R S C H E END 991S emblems have been originally in a 1968 S?

Thanks
    Henry

B-b-buy Bushwood?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by hdavis
    BTW, what color would the P O R S C H E END 991S emblems have been originally in a 1968 S?
    Gold is my guess.
    Sandy Isaac
    '69 911E

Mine are gold.

If you look past the tire in the forground, you can see the lettering....
    Early 911S Registry #472
    1968 S - #477
    Mostly Stock