Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stainless wheel arch moulding

stainless wheel arch moulding

Guys,
    Is anybody making reproductions of the bright material (stainless, aluminum?) wheel arch moldings that my friendly P/A dealer says is now NLA? As a result of a recent and unfortunate high friction encounter with some Kentucky roadside armco, my 73 S is now almost back on the road but with the left front bright molding in the "darn I wish I wasn't so stupid!!!" department. Normally 3 out of 4 isn't bad, but in this case, 3 out of 4 makes the car look a little unbalanced.
    Anybody got any ideas on where to find a replacement?

Thanks. The Captialist Roader. And if you're in Cincinnati on 12 February, drop by the garage for the third annual after Super Bowl early 911 bull session.

No longer a Freshman, Now an OWNER

Looking here too....

I am interested in a full set of these if anyone knows of any.....my 73 S did not have them and I think that they will look great on my black S Targa.
    1973 911 S Targa (Black/Black) SOLD
    1999 996 C2 (Silver/Black) SOLD
    2006 Range Rover Sport (Red/Tan)
    2004 Mercedes E320 4MATIC Wagon
    1971 Mercedes 280SL

I'm looking,too.......

I need just the rear left trim, if by miracle anyone has one!!

How much do these go for? I have three I took off my 73. Im missing the rear drivers side.

Sorry mjk911.
    72S targa (sold)
    73t coupe
    71t coupe (project car)
    Gruppe B #057

Unhappy

Sold mine for $400 two years ago on EBay. I didn't know what they were worth either. Thought I would only get $40-50 for them.
    They are aluminum and very delicate. They are also riveted on so make sure whoever has them has been careful not to over drill the rivets or pry them off with a screwdriver. Good luck.
    We might have to add these little gems to the early 911 unobtanium list along with twin plug rotors, plastic race tanks, and early Reuters hood badges.

guys,

Thanks for the accumulated wisdom on this. Sounds like I need to either figure out a reproduction source. Or find the rusted out 73 S in the barn optioned originally with sport seats, wheel well trim, through the grill fogs, front oil cooler, alloy brakes, bilstein shocks, original radio and original RS duck's ass that the guy will let go for only a 1000 bucks. And we all know it's out there. I know I'm a believer.

The Capitalist Roader

fender trim

hello: I have 3 of the four piece of wheel arch trim. These are not perfect pieces but they are available. I wish I could figure out how to put some pictures on here so you could see them. If you need them I will sell them cheap or trade for parts. Thanks Eric

If you have the one I need I'm interested Eric. I'll pm you with my email info so you can send me some pics.

Thanks.
    72S targa (sold)
    73t coupe
    71t coupe (project car)
    Gruppe B #057

Eric,
    I need the left front (only). If you can help me out with just this one piece, my S will be on the road again in complete form. Could I ask you to send me an email at johnandmarsha@fuse.net so we can get together?
    John Meyer, 513 325 8071
    aka The Capitalist Roader

As I mentioned in my pm, I need the drivers side rear.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Mark. dmcummins@yahoo.com
    72S targa (sold)
    73t coupe
    71t coupe (project car)
    Gruppe B #057