Thread: Correct Fog Lamps (On Frt.Bumper)

Correct Fog Lamps (On Frt.Bumper)

Does anybody has pictures of the correct Fog Lamps for a 1968 , 911/912 ? . Last Saturday they were selling a pair of Lamps for a 1969 911S that are a little bit rectangular they were beautiful and not cheap for $ 388.00 usd ea. However I noticed that the bracket to install it is horizontal and my car has the attachment holes perpendicular or normal to the Floor , so I believe there is quite a big difference , I have seen an oval earlier ones , other are yellows and so on .

I appreciate your help. !
    Joe 912
    '68, 912
    Mexico
    Early 911S Registry # 1918

These are on a French 68S

Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

Here's a pic of the correct fog lights....

The fog light pic that Nick posted appear to be the Bosch lights from 1974 onward.

The lights that you mentioned that are more angular, are for 1969 to 1973.

Regards,

Eric
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Right. Mine are for sale then!
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

The correct light for a pre 1969 is the Hella 128. They will be very expensive if you find a NOS pair. Some pictures:
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Henry

I'm actually looking for a set of these lights for a 69 S.
    In lieu of the lights I tried to buy a set of the bumper covers and found that they were too big for the holes in my car. The holes measure roughly 6.25" x 4". Where there two different kinds of holes for these?
    Thanks for info on the lights though, very helpful.
    Tom

Correct Fog Lamps for Frt. Bumpers

All;

Thanks for the input ! .

I do not have the correct dimensions on the Fog. Lamp Covers but certainly there is a difference in size between Model Years. Maybe someone out there could answer that .
    Joe 912
    '68, 912
    Mexico
    Early 911S Registry # 1918

Henry is correct, Hella 128's for 65-68. Hella 169's are the more rectangular lights for 69-73. Mid-America (who bought out Tweeks) still has some of both styles, NOS, with either clear or amber lenses. The price for 128's is not bad considering they are brand new complete units and the real deal, $179 each. Way cheaper than the 169's too, they are $279 each at Mid-America. We had a small 'group buy' from them at the GAF and they gave us a 15% discount off these prices.

Other sources like Lunar Lighting would charge more than that for used ones. Road and Race (msroadrace) has a set of the 169's (incorrectly labeled as model 139's and incorrectly listed as for '65-73) for sale on Ebay at the moment for $599 a pair. Here's the link to pictures and descriptions from the M-A catalog:

http://www.tweeks.com/shop?frame=3.102.2839
    John Gray

70 old air
    86 middle air
    95 new air

P.s.

The 69-73 model 169's are a bit larger, and mount from the back, unlike the mounting shown above for the 128's. That probably accounts for any difference in size in the bumper opening. Also, they have a small domed bracket (like a square washer with a dome in the center) that goes between the unit and the body mounting tab that gives up/down and side to side adjustment for the lighting direction. Not sure if the 128's have a similar feature. And if you do buy new ones, 3M makes a thin clear film that will protect the lenses from pitting and breaking from rocks (why I got into the whole replacement adventure to begin with....)
    John Gray

70 old air
    86 middle air
    95 new air