Thread: Saturday's Great Adventures (LA Lit Fair Drive)

Saturday's Great Adventures (LA Lit Fair Drive)

I would like to extend a very special thanks to all the folks who were so hospitable to Earl Green and I during our Lit Fair stay in LA: Chuck Miller, Stephen Childs, Curtis A., SWB Sam, Sherwood Lee, Dave Buhain, Dick Moran, Rob Wolford, and Roger Grago. It was also great to see everyone else - including (but not limited to) Rick Cabell, Kevin Beard, Ray Crawford, Mike & Diane Mascaro, Eric Linden, Mike Reischl, Ernie Wilberg, and Cris Huergas.

Here's a few images from Saturday's fun run of that crazy bunch of Mulholland Canyon "R Gruppe Renegades" (L to R: Earl Green, Stephen Childs, Diane & Mike Mascaro, and Chuck Miller):
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

What a wild ride... We started at Chuck Millers house... I was with Stephen Child's in his 1968 911 T/R on the way to Malibu ... What an amazing car... Incredibly light and smooth... When we left I swapped seats with Randy and rode with Chuck in his fresh 2.7 through the Canyon... Chuck knows these roads... We were at 8 to 9 thenths most of the time... I was a mess... It took a bunch of crackers to straighten my gut out... Every now and then someone shows me what these cars can do... Thanks again Chuck and Stephen!!!

Later... on the way home Randy and I took a wrong turn and got lost in a really rough part of town... We were somewhere in Bel Air or Beverly Hills. We even got to make a u turn on Rodeo Drive!!!

Our pleasure Earl... anytime... bring more crackers

Saturday afternoon at 'the Grandstands' Mulholland HWY Calif. - Earl, Mike & Diane Mascaro, Stephen, and Randy...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

It was great to see you all, too. Sorry I missed the fun run. Hope to see you all in Monterey.
    Cheers,
    Kevin
    RGruppe #004
    "Shoemaker stick to your last,"
    Ferry Porsche

From the hills to dinner... it was all good...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

One more after dinner..
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Gburner
    Randy all of the sudden car pics turn into art.
    Sweet picture!
    Soon I'll share some crude captures of my gulity with reason for not attending.
    g'day,
    Mike

Gburner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller
    From the hills to dinner... it was all good...
    Thanks for sharing the story Chuck.
    You certainly are a versatile 911 driver, an accomplished track, street and social 911 club member extraordinaire.
    Seeing those shapely blue Oscar globes from the driver's angle might lead an R Gruppe monster to consider the Rally style non reflective racer's black suede style.
    Any comment on driving the Rally car with the Gulf colored Oscars?