Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Central Texas Early S road trip; Apr or May, 2005

Central Texas Early S road trip; Apr or May, 2005

Hello everyone!
    The Texas Early S group is at it again! We are planning to go to Midland, Texas in April or may for a weekend.
    The new Jim Hall / Chapparal Museum is there, along with three CAF squadrons of WW II planes including Fifi the only operational B-29.
    Here is copy of the first email to the 6 state area. if anyone from Cali or the rest of the west wants to attend, you will be most welcome! by car if possible, but we could accomodate a passenger or two from dallas or Austin, i'm sure.

Here's the POST>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Attention all members of
    The Early 911 S Registry,
    The 912 Registr
    And other 911 Longhood Fanatics everywhere!

You are cordially invited to attend:
    Langehaube Fossilbrennstofffest,

April - May, 2005

in Midland, Texas [The Oil Patch]

Greetings, all 911 long-hood fanatics!

It is time to start planning for a Spring outing for the cars, after a long winter’s rest! After some discussion, Ed & Jan Mayo of Early S Registry, R Gruppe, and PCA renown, Morrie & Cindy Larson of the 912 Registry, and Jamie & Margie Novak of Pelican BBS and ST replica fame, we decided to hold the next meeting in Midland, TX, for a REAL change of scenery.

This will enable us all to put some fun miles on our cars, see the Jim Hall Chaparral Museum (the inventor of down force in race cars for you young pups, also the first guy to kickass with an Chevy V8 & automatic trans in a road race car), the LARGEST C.A.F. assemblage in Texas, along with many points of interest in the area!

Most of us will be traveling there on some wonderful Texas by-roads, avoiding the dreaded Interstates and the Semis that spew things our way…once there we will get to really enjoy some of Texas’ “Wide Open Spaces”

This time we are inviting our friends in the 912 Registry to join us, as well as other early 911 owners in the Texas and surrounding areas. We are hoping to have a 15 to 30 car turnout

We generally plan to depart from our respective towns for Midland sometime on a Friday morning, calculated to arrive in Midland around 4 to 5 PM;

Planned routes and route leader will be defined for each broad area of interest, example DFW; meet with Ed & Jan Mayo at --T B D ----. Austin / San Antonio, meet with Bill Conway at ---T B D----. And so on.

We will have a half day air / auto show set for Saturday morning with the MAJOR Commemorative (formerly Confederate) Air Force Squadron in Midland, TX (see them at http://www.commemorativeairforce.org/units.html )

We plan to have Porsche Related Events scheduled thru Saturday night, giving everyone all day Sunday to get back to their home.

We will be selecting a hotel in Midland as soon as we have a fair idea of the dates and the number of rooms needed.

Mail the form below, and/or email me at billc@sbdgroup.net or call me in Austin at 512 275-3333

IF you’re interested and plan to attend, please send the information requested below back ASAP, so that we can finalize all planning by early March.

THANKS!!! See you in Midland!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Langehaube Fossilbrennstofffest 2005 FEEDBACK FORM

Please Return by 2-28-05

MEMBER NAME______________________________________NUMBER IN PARTY____.

DATE CHOICES (Pick your first & second choices)

Starting : Friday, Apr 15___, Apr 22___, Apr 29___, May 6___, May 13___, May 20___.

NIGHTS IN HOTEL____________KING____ 2 QUEENS_____SPECIAL NEEDS__________.

SHIRT SIZE (S) _____(M)_____(L)_____(XL)_____(XXL)_____DIET Restrictions _______.

CAR DESCRIPTION______YR____________MODEL______________ COLOR__________.

Bill Conway

Early S Registry

Austin, TX

billc@sbdgroup.net

512 275-3333
    Bill Conway, Early S Registry member #254
    1970 S, 2.2L Silvermetallic Coupe
    1973 T, 3.2L Black Carrera Targa
    1969 T, 2.4L Silvermetallic Targa

Bill,

Sounds like'a GREAT event...

Please contact Mike Larson (our webmaster) so he can put it on our 'Events Page' on the web site. webadmin@early911sregistry.org

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Done Chuck, Thanks.
    Any chance to make this a "Sticky" for a few weeks? I need to get responses to get dates set, and I am missing a LOT of email adresses..

I'm an old dude Bill... don't know what'a 'sticky' is...

How-bout STP on your fingers... that's sticky

Mike can include your hyperlinks... As to anything else ... not sure

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller
    I'm an old dude Bill... don't know what'a 'sticky' is...
    Chuck- a "sticky" is a forum administrative function that will keep a message "stuck" to the top of the list of messages, instead of moving down as each new message is posted. No need to "bump" it then as it doesn't get buried in the later pages after awhile, it's always on top of the first page.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

PERFECT definition Tom … thanks

Hope I can be that mature when you need an answer to someth'n...

The older I get, the more I realize that NO man is more then 3 steps from Junior High…

Thanks again and Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thumbs up South Central Rendezvous Web Page

Hi Folks!

I am working with Billl on this event and we really want to hear from you!!! We are looking for some feedback from anyone interested in joining us in Midland, Texas the end of April / first part of May for the 2nd annual 912 Registry sponsored South Central Rendezvous.

We want your feedback on dates and your hotel needs. If you might be interested in attending, follow the link and send me some feedback so we can make the event work for as many folks as possible!

South Central Rendezvous 2005 Information

Best Regards,

Morrie Larson
    Regional Coordinator
    Lone Star 912

Hey guys,

Are any non-Porsche cars allowed? Got a 67' Alfa Duetto and would love to join ya'll. I live in Dallas and am a big early 911 enthusiast, as a matter of fact got a 71' T; original paint with 40,000 miles, but unfortunately can't bring it because it is in the middle of a transaxle rebuild. What do you say?

Thanks,
    Erick

You Bet!

Hi Erick!

You are absolutely welcome to join us. You are a long hood owner, just because it is down for repairs doesn't mean you can't come in something else!

Morrie

Erick,
    To echo Morrie, you are most welcome to join us. You will find a few Alfa fans in the crowd, guaranteed, along with lots of advise on your T if you need it - maybe even if you don't!!