Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 911 R questionable

Rennsport

911 R questionable

Anyone know this car and where the location is? Looks like French plates? I`ve had this pic for a long time and need to know if it`s a genuine R or a very good replica. Reed somewhere that prototype 1 (305876) is located in France, could it be it...

If the car in question have been discussed before, I apologise that.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Can't help you with the plates but it's highly unlikely that they're French. It seems to be located somewhere where they're driving on the wrong (!) side of the road. My guess would be South Africa, Japan or Australia.

I believe that is the Porsche Center in Melbourne Oz. It looks a while ago as the parking meters are now not individual.
    Justin
    67 911S
    Australian TYP901 Register member No.47

I reckoned the silver 911 could be carrying Victoria plates but was not sure.

Its hard to see the number plates properly but the tram tracks on Victoria Parade seem to give it away unless I am mistaken.
    Justin
    67 911S
    Australian TYP901 Register member No.47

Rennsport
    Agree with the driving on the wrong side, but Japan don`t have plates like that. On the other side, there is a Hellelfenbein R in Japan. Or was as the pictures is old... Since the wipers goes the way it does it should be a 67, therefore I thought of prototype number one. And it`s the right colour.

Thanks for the tip so far, Melbourne might be the answer then? But has it ever been a R in Australia, never heard that.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Gburner
    Looks like a one way street seeing as cars are parked in the same direction on both sides... might narrow it down to a dealer with a one way street in front of it???

911 R?

It could also be in Cape Town. There is a dealer who usually has several early 911s in downtown. It has a one way street in front that looks very like the photograph.

Rennsport
    Quote Originally Posted by steven0401
    It could also be in Cape Town. There is a dealer who usually has several early 911s in downtown. It has a one way street in front that looks very like the photograph.

Do you have more information about this dealer, a name? A website?

i will check when i get home, but i would say Porsche center Melbourne.
    They had several factory cars there two years ago over Christmas. #1, paris/dakar rally, another earlier rally car. i do not remember the R though.

Stuart
    '65 911