Thread: Question About '73 Factory Seat Belts

Question About '73 Factory Seat Belts

Background: I'm putting away my sport seats for the upcoming track season and I need to figure out how to attach my 3-pt. seat belts to the car with my track seats installed. I use the 3-pt. belts on the street and my 5-pt. harnesses on the track. The belts attach directly to the sport seat bases.

My Question: How are the '73 seat belt receivers attached to the car if you don't have sport seats? Pics would be great, too. Thanks for your help!
    Jim Richards
    Aubergine 1973 911E Sunroof Coupe w/ 2.7RS MFI
    Early 911S Registry Member #589
    GruppeB #911

My 73 with the 'down market' sofa seats had the seat belts attached underneatht the seat and between the silver sliders and seat bottoms. They used an 'L' bracket in steel that is captured by two allen head bolts that are used to mount the sliders to the seat base. Hope this helps. I have a couple left over angle bracket mounts from my conversion from sofa seats to sport seats.
    The capitalist roader.

Thanks caproader. I picked up a pair of the angle bracket mounts that you mentioned, and I've secured the seat belt tails to them. It sounds like I need to pick up another pair and a pair of seat belt receivers to make my 3-pt belts work with my track seats. If you want to cut loose your angle brackets, please let me know. jimr20165@yahoo.com . Thanks!
    Jim Richards
    Aubergine 1973 911E Sunroof Coupe w/ 2.7RS MFI
    Early 911S Registry Member #589
    GruppeB #911

Quote Originally Posted by caproader
    My 73 with the 'down market' sofa seats had the seat belts attached underneatht the seat and between the silver sliders and seat bottoms. They used an 'L' bracket in steel that is captured by two allen head bolts that are used to mount the sliders to the seat base. Hope this helps. I have a couple left over angle bracket mounts from my conversion from sofa seats to sport seats.
    The capitalist roader.
    Interesting. My '73.5 sofa seats had a small "ear" in the seat back bracket for the mounting of the lap belts.
    Harry

Member #789
    1970 VW Sunroof Kombi Bus - "The Magic Bus"
    1973.5 911T Targa for fun - "Smokey"
    2009 MB C300