Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Ride of '05

First Ride of '05

Greetings all,
    Well, it was time to move baby from the crib, errrr, showroom that is. A frigid but sunny day. The ground frozen. I pushed it out the back doors and she fired up right away. God it felt good to take it for a quick cruise. With all the sound deadening weight removed from the interior the sound is all the more delicious.
    I realize Kalifornia is slipping back into the ocean and I feel bad for you folks; but this morning was my moment in the sun in an otherwise long painful winter. Get out there and enjoy those cars folks. The reward is huge.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Paul:

How DARE YOU!!! We got snow today!!! Kermit is hibernating for another 6 weeks.

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Good show Paul. We've gotten over 6 FEET of snow in the past 2 weeks! It's going to be a while for us.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    I almost had mine out last week but old Ogunquit Phil stuck his head outa the garage and saw his shadow on a salty road - then more snow, so it looks like another couple weeks of winter

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

Can't you guys share some of that cool dense air, I've been running the a/c for the past week. High 70's

Quote Originally Posted by rick2
    Can't you guys share some of that cool dense air, I've been running the a/c for the past week. High 70's
    You run the A/C in the High 70's? That's the time to take the top off, and ride, ride, ride. In Chicago, the A/C is for temps a whole lot higher than THAT!!

larry

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

When the temps are higher the a/c is sad and the temp gauge climbs. Who doesn't like rpm's on an S?
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

Rick:

I've only got a lowly E, but wouldn't an oil cooler help with keeping the temp down? I can imagine that the condenser keeps the heat from the engine in the compartment. But, I have also heard that with a standard trombone cooler, most of the cooling takes place in the lines running the length of the car.

I guess I'll find out this summer how that combination works. Last fall, the temp of the engine never rose enough to open the thermostat to the oil lines.

larry

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

My understanding is in 73 all S's with a/c came with a cooler, but I must be the lucky one to get one that the PO removed. The worst part is to put it back to original (my goal) I have to find the thermostat that bolts right at the tank.
    67 Normale, Old Rusty
    67 R Inspired and on a Diet
    73 T/ST Caged Beast
    RGruppe #383
    S Registry #739

That's probably easier to find than a set of original oil lines.

larry

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC