Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: COA optional equipment question

COA optional equipment question

I just received my certificate of authenticity for my 72T coupe and had a couple of questions regarding it's listings. First it is listed as a 1972 911 TE coupe - what does the TE designate or is that just the standard title?
    Secondly, under optional equipment it lists 'comfort equipment for 911' - what does this encompass?

-thanks
    -rick

The E means European? Not sure, just guessing. Does your car have carbs or MFI?
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

It dawned on me that the E is for the E series model. My car has MFI with a delivery date of 06/01/72 - the comfort equipment for '911' is what I'm in the dark about.

rick

Self leveling Hydropneumatic front "shock absorbers" (probably, hopefully, changed over already to Koni's or something), also 14" wheels as well....to "cushion" the ride with a taller tire.

Regards,
    Eric

Very interesting indeed. Yes, Bilsteins installed on the front just a month ago but one other option is listed as 'light metal wheels' and the car has 15 fuchs - w/ factory a/c and tinted glass.

-rick

My COA for my 70S also says "comfort kit" under the optional equipment section, so I doubt it is the hydropneumatic struts offered on the "E's". I posted the same question a while back and got no definitive answer.

The Comfort package was available for all models......including the S. I also have a 71E with comfort package and 15" wheels. The wheel option was also available in conjunction with the comfort package.

I guess to definitively tell you what you have...I need the option code. Do you have it? Comfort group was code #9076.

Regards,
    Eric

No, it didn't mention a code on the certificate. Under the Optional Equipment heading: Chrome strips along fender cutout, Comfort kit, Competition kit, Electric sliding roof and electric windows. There are no codes mentioned at all. The other puzzle is the competition kit, what is that?
    Thanks for any help.

Rudy

Hmmm..

Very strange to see the comfort kit, and the competition kit on the same cardex.

In 1967 the competition kit (depending upon which one) would have been: 6 air ram pipes, new carb jets, spark plugs, a cover plate, and on oil puke tank...good for 12 hp.

I'm not sure what it would have included in 1970, but I can do "some" research. I would suggest reposting this question on a new post to get further input.

Eric

E models

Yes, definitevely to E was optionned with the confort package, with 14 inch wheels and hydropneumatic suspension in front. .
    Also the E stands for something like `` Empingz--- `` german word for ``injected or injection ``