Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: just can't do it: keeping radio delete plate in sealed bag.

just can't do it: keeping radio delete plate in sealed bag.

so i was getting ready to install my NOS radio delete plate and...i hesitated. my car doesn't have any hard to find parts like recaro buckets, vintage prototipos, R wheels, orig orange badge, etc. i waited 4 years to finally find this radio delete. it's freakin brand new in a sealed bag with parts sticker unbroken. wait a minute bob...you're not like that...are you? guess this time i am. damn!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

How do you spell that term..you know, anal retentative or something like that...You know? We could ALL be guilty of that psychosis from time to time..
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Bob, this is not good. I'll send you my mailing address and you best send that plate off to me for a while. I WANT THAT PLATE!
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Bob, You are a disciple of the Church of Speed and Lite! Remember your vows! That plastic bag weighs to much...Get rid of it right now Mister!!!
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

Seems like it would be easy to make a replica, with an original like that on hand.

LOL guys. i'd like to think of myself as "particular" rather than anal retentive . my frankenstein car is not worthy of this part. it belongs on one of those beautifully restored to original cars like SWBSAM's but sam probably has several stored away.
    why hasn't somebody made reproductions of these?
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

I'd be interested...except for the fact that I still have the original radio in my dash. Yep...anal it is. BUT...a guy could do worse, right?
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

I am sure glad my wife has no interest in reading these threads over my shoulder or she certainly would have me committed. And then come after the lot of you.
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    For Chrissake... that thing needs to BREATHE after all these years! Just dyin' to do the job Ferry intended (or was it Herr Piech?).

Maybe an "unsealing" ceremony is in order? Just be sure to save the NOS factory air in the bag!
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

Quote Originally Posted by JCR
    For Chrissake... that thing needs to BREATHE after all these years! Just dyin' to do the job Ferry intended (or was it Herr Piech?).

Maybe an "unsealing" ceremony is in order? Just be sure to save the NOS factory air in the bag!

Really now... it's okay to have a replica if you have an original stashed away.
    Jeeze, I never thought of that...genuine factory air from decades ago! Man, THAT would bring in a bundle on ebay!