Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Julian Classic Motoring Show

Thumbs up Julian Classic Motoring Show

The historic town of Julian (North County San Diego) is hosting it's second annual Vintage, Racecar, Classic & Touring "Julian Classic Automobile Show" at the Menghini Winery Sunday May 29th, 2005. This could be a good opportunity for the So Cal Porsche clubs to make a showing, bring the wives, spend the night, enjoy the quaint town of Julian and possibly make a few runs through some of the great roads of that area. Plenty of b&b's, motels, restaurants and shops and a classic car show (at a winery!!!!!!), what more could a car-guy family want?!!!

I spoke with the event coordinator and he is encouraging the Early 911S and Rgruppe guys to come and enter a few of the "show" and "race" cars, there is a $25 entry fee to benefit the Julian Firefighter's Association. There will also be free club parking adjacent to the show area. Here's a link http://www.julianclassic.com/ with information and an entry form. Who's in?
    Andy Baugh
    RGruppe #48

Early 911s wanted in Julian

Hi Guys, let me know if this interests anybody. They would like to see a good showing of early 911s at this show. Promotor's message below:

Dear Andy,

Would be delighted to see some 911s both in the Show and parked in our reserved corral.

Let me know as soon as you know, how many slots you wish to have in the Corral. I hope we can also get a significant number of historic Porsches in the Show itself. I am attaching a "Entry" pdf file for you. Please feel free to distribute it also.

Bob Engberg
    Chairman, Julian Classic Motoring Show
    760-765-1984

PRESS RELEASE: March 1, 2005

The annual "Julian Classic Motoring Show" will be held on Sunday, May 29, 2005, on the grounds of the Julianıs Menghini Winery. Classic cars will be staged among the apple trees on the wineryıs meadow from 11:00am - 3:00pm.

Julian is a historic Gold Rush town in east San Diego County known for its great apple pies and friendly folks.

The Show is unique in San Diego County for hosting both pre-1980 vintage race cars and classic touring cars. This year a special ³Honoring the Past² class had been added for recreated and replica vehicles. ³Special Interest² cars of any year are also invited.

There will be class awards, live music, food and beverage, wine tasting, carriage rides and an array of unusual and exotic cars. Entry fee of $25.00 includes complimentary engraved wine glass. Spectator $3.00. Free Parking. The Show is a benefit and proceeds are pledged to the Julian-Cuyamaca Firefighters Fund.

Car Clubs are eligible for Car Corral parking in the non-judged area adjacent to the show cars. Call Bob Engberg at 760-765-1984 to reserve space.

For Julian lodging information visitors should go to www.julianca.com.

For more information and for entry forms go to www.julianclassic.com/
    Andy Baugh
    RGruppe #48

Andy,

Count me in. I'll come down Saturday afternoon. Lets try to get a group dinner.
    PM me your phone #., Suggestions on where to stay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ray Crawford
    Early S Registry #271
    R Gruppe #255
    '70 911 S Coupe 2.9 w/MFI Twin Plug "Flairs n Chairs"
    '72 911 S Targa 2.4 w/MFI

Just to let you know that Borrego Springs Desert Recreation area is nearby. It's one of the largest rec. areas in the state. The roads are long and straight. (wink, wink).

Sherwod

Julian

Andy,
    Run with the ball dude, you are now the official organizer of the event for the R Gruppe and Early 911S Registry. Give me a call when you can so we can work out the details. This should be a great event, count me in!
    All the best!
    Roger
    R Gruppe #27

Thanks Roger,

Glad you're in, this should be a fun weekend. Julian is a great little town and there are some real nice twisty roads around there as well for some early morning jaunts.

OK guys, check your calenders and lets make a good showing. If any of you guys have "real" vintage race Porsches - 550, 904, 906, bring 'em, that would be a huge highlight to the show.

Cheers,
    Andy Baugh
    RGruppe #48

Julian drive

Hi Andy-- The drive to Julian is beatiful from any direction to Julian. I will try to schedule it on my calander. Regards Chris 70S R-gruppe#144

Hi Chris,

Glad to hear you are planning to go. I just spoke with the event organizer today and he is hoping for a good early 911 turnout - tells me that these cars are always a crowd favorite!
    Andy Baugh
    RGruppe #48

Julian

As mentioned before, there are some GREAT driving roads all around this area. The run out to Borrego Springs is REALLY fast. Julian is a great little town, sounds like this could be the start we have been looking for of a San Diego Event for the Gruppe. It would seem best to make reservations early for a room, as it could be busy by that time in Julian, especially with this car show going on. Andy, any suggestions for a Gruppe lodging venue? Count me in.
    S Registry #265
    R Gruppe #224

Julian Lodging

Hi Eade,

Julian is a small town and as far as lodging deals, I'm not aware of any. Scroll up the thread just a bit and you'll find a link for lodging - this should help and you may want to check with the Chamber of Commerce

http://www.julianca.com/

It's only a month and change away guys- can't hurt to look into it now as I 'm sure things will get booked up. Anyway, looking forward to a San Diego event and hope all the So Cal boys are too!
    Andy Baugh
    RGruppe #48