Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: San Diego PCA Performance Driving School.

Gburner
    Gloria tests her mad skilz.
    Ray and Jeff...
    check your six on the way to Monterey.........
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Gburner
    Chow time,,,
    The happy class of spiring 2005.
    Here is the link to thumbnails for Saturday:
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/phigr@...dc02CBj6UzlZum

And Sunday:
    http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/phigr@...uf82CB6bOdsYZH

Gburner
    Just a reminder!

Monday, August 22nd is the first date to get your registration application postmarked. The schools sells out every year so get your application in.

This is a great way to experience the capabilities of your car in a safe environment.

Applications can be found in the Windblown Witness or on line (schedule, October then Performance Driving School).

See you in October!
    Denise (co-CDI)

Yo G,
    What was the story on Dente and the cop? I thought I overheard him say something about giving the cop a 1/2 lap lead and then still catching him in his GT3 before the lap was over.

Quote Originally Posted by racea911
    Yo G,
    What was the story on Dente and the cop? I thought I overheard him say something about giving the cop a 1/2 lap lead and then still catching him in his GT3 before the lap was over.
    It was a "staged photo op" sort of deal during lunch time on the second day of the school, but yes, the GT3 was a LOT quicker than the Crown Vic pursuit car on the autox course, as might be expected!

Just to avoid any confusion, this thread started back in April for the Spring PDS, and Mike has updated it with a posting for the Fall school, which will be this Oct., unfortunately scheduled for the same weekend as the Coronado historic races, which will cause some scheduling conflicts, I'm sure. Nevertheless, the link to the current entry form is http://www.pcasdr.org/schedule/docum...lAd-Fall05.pdf and it must be postmarked TODAY if you want to get in. Spaces are limited and it always sells out. It is guaranteed to be the best money you ever spent improving the performance of your Porsche.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!

Gburner
    Hey we had a blast again!
    Doug our newest R Grupper beefed up his skills at the performance driving school last weekend.
    He is a fast study with an awesome car!
    Sure I'm a little familiar with the car as it has the Adjustable sway bars, T bars and revalved shocks off my R Gruppe race/street car. Along with the suspension tune up a corner balance and competition alignment from Jae Lee at Mirage had me totally loving every minute of it! I have to say I've really enjoyed instructing Doug in this car and last time Jeff in his similar 3.2 track tuned early 911. FUN CARS!
    Ok enough blathering, here's a fun shot of Doug and I catching a pitch while crossing the finish line, as in pitch and catch. Good style points!
    Doug on the left, me (tall Mike) and Mirage International owner Jae Lee.
    We were all agreeing Doug's car needed a little more rake, lower the front a turn maybe?
    Good to see a new GT driver getting some tips.
    Consider the class, you'll really enjoy your new found limits!

Gburner
    Doug's silver flash sure looked faster than the GT driver.

LOOKS LIKE A FUN TIME...

Good thing there was still that nice so. cal weather to enjoy while out playing err...I mean instructing
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Mike,
    Thanks for the kind words, your great instruction and by adding the photos here. I had an awesome time - much of it in part to Mike! I'd strongly recommend the class for anyone interested in getting a better idea of their car's limits than can be offered by street driving. The class was seriously enlightening and gave me an idea of fundamental skills necessary in performance (and track) driving. I need a lot of work and seat time (that's a good thing, since my car is a lot of fun to drive!). I also plan to follow up with some reading (also suggested by Mike). The other instructors in the class were also very helpful and never once made me feel uncomfortable.

If you are considering this and have put it off, invest this small amount of money in yourself and your car - you won't be disappointed!
    With any luck, you'll have Mike as an instructor, too!

Doug
    1971 RSR Intepretation. '86 3.2, 915, 2180 lbs of lightweight, wide-body fun.....

Gburner
    The San Diego PCA Spring Performance Driving School will be held April 7-9. This event typically sells out well in advance.
    Applications will be accepted on a first-come/first-served basis, so get your application in early.
    We begin accepting applications February 24 (applications postmarked before the 24th will be returned).

The application form is available in the Witness or online at
    http://www.pcasdr.org/porsche_events.../drivingschool

Hope to see you there.