Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: San Diego PCA Performance Driving School.

Gburner
    Quote Originally Posted by ttweed
    with Mike turning the rear view mirror to see when we were doing the heavy smoking.
    TT
    Talk about eye control, Tom's attacking the track while I'm trying to watch behind us.

Here are just some comments taken from the emails we're receiving after the most recent Performance Driving School:
    ---------------------

The instructors were all great and I had a wonderful time.

Saturday events were great and only thing for me was if it was possible each of the five training courses could have been twice as long.

. . . every new student should experience the thrill of being in the right seat with Mr. Bob Ehrman in control on the left.

I think that the school was awesome.

I want to thank all of the volunteers that made this past weekend so enjoyable and educational, but especially the instructors that are not only talented drivers but also great teachers!

My wife . . . was reluctant to attend, but her smile grew wider with each passing hour - priceless.

This was the most revealing weekend for my performance driving career. It was an absolute 10 all the way around.

. . my instructor Keith (The RS America Guy) . . was the perfect instructor for me.

I had too much fun to be objective about what to change...let me think it over and get back to you at a later date.

I would really like give praise to David Marguglio for his instruction on Sunday. I thought he did a great job, and that I really improved my skills under his instruction.

The boys at Porsche would be proud!

This was my first school and I found it to be fantastic.

I'm a better driver thanks to you guys, my instructor Jae Lee, and all the other instructors who built my confidence and experience with the exercises from Saturday.

Thanks a lot for the driving school. I had a BLAST! I enjoyed every exercise thoroughly and was impressed by the "professionalism" of all the instructors.

My daughter and I had a great time and learned many things our cars are capable of we had no idea about. Unfortunately, it was too fun and I may have to take up the autocross thing in the near future.

You truly have an impressive team. Thank you and the only suggestion I have is keep doing more of the same

Gburner
    Most 911 Street racers have found there is room for improvement.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

classic.................
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

Gburner

Lightbulb

We begin accepting applications for the Fall Performance Driving School this Friday, Sept. 15.

Please be warned: the school regularly sells out. If you or a friend would like to attend the school, mail your application on Friday.

The school is scheduled for the weekend of Oct. 13-15. For more information (and an application form) go to

http://www.pcasdr.org/porsche_events...hool/index.php

Completing the PDS is the best and cheapest way to make your car faster.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

....it's also the fastest and SAFEST way to find out exactly how much one does not know about how to drive their 911 near it's designed potential.

Just ask me how I know.......
    Johnny Riz
    73E euro 3.2 w. a few goodies
    Rgrp 152
    S Reg 335

I hear ya Johnny. I attended a DE last summer and the instructor thanked me in the end for scaring the sh*t outta him. As a first timer who can say he's been there, done that...street racers can toss everything they 'think' they know about performance driving out the window and start with a clean slate at a DE event.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Quote Originally Posted by Gburner
    We begin accepting applications for the Fall Performance Driving School this Friday, Sept. 15.

Please be warned: the school regularly sells out. If you or a friend would like to attend the school, mail your application on Friday.

The school is scheduled for the weekend of Oct. 13-15. For more information (and an application form) go to

http://www.pcasdr.org/porsche_events...hool/index.php

Completing the PDS is the best and cheapest way to make your car faster.
    Got an email from the organizers that there are still a few spots left for this Fall's PDS, which is very unusual, as it usually sells out the first day registration opens, so if you are interested in attending, sign up now! Included message below:
    ----------------------------------------
    There are still a few spots available for this Fall's Performance Driving School. If you've always wanted to take this course, or if you've already taken it and want to enjoy it again, sign up now. We will be accepting reservations on a first-come-first-served basis, so don't delay.

PORSCHE CLUB of AMERICA – SAN DIEGO REGION
    and BLACK FOREST PORSCHE/BMW REPAIR AND SERVICE present Fall 2006 Performance Driving School
    October 13th, 14th & 15th.

This driving school is a chance to safely learn the limits of your Porsche in a controlled environment with the guidance of experienced instructors. "Sometimes, in order to find your limits you have to exceed them."
    This is an opportunity to learn driving skills that can be applied to any driving situation in any vehicle. Your improved skills will significantly enhance your ability to enjoy driving your Porsche.
    This three-day school, for only $275, consists of:

Friday – Oct. 13th 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
    Black Forest – Engineer Rd.
    "Chalk-talk" in a classroom environment

Saturday – Oct. 14th 7:00am – 5:00pm
    Qualcomm Stadium West Lot Qualcomm Stadium West Lot
    Driving exercises
    Many performed on a skid pad

Sunday – Oct. 15th 7:00am – 5:00pm
    Qualcomm Stadium West Lot Qualcomm Stadium West Lot
    A non-competitive autocross for instructional purposes

No prior performance driving experience required - PCA membership is a requirement - Food is included.
    For further information, contact PCA-San Diego Region Joint Chief Driving Instructors: cdi@pcasdr.org
    Gary Burch 619-582-7608, Dan Chambers 619-222-3266, or Carl Scragg 619-226-6025

Applications will be accepted on a first-come-first-served basis beginning September 15, 2006.
    Applications must be sent by regular mail – no metered mail – no express mail.

Mail registration form below (copies accepted) with a check for $275 per driver to:
    PCA-SDR Performance Driving School, P.O Box 7485, San Diego, CA 92167

Student Driver
    Name: ____________________________________
    Address: __________________________________
    City: __________________ ZIP: ___________
    Phone#: _______________Shirt Size:___________
    Porsche model and year:____________________
    PCA membership #________________________
    *e-mail: ________________________________
    Prior Driving School attendance? Yes / No
    Prior Autocross Experience? ? Yes / No

2nd Student Driver (same car)
    Name: ___________________________________
    Address: _________________________________
    City: __________________ ZIP: __________
    Phone#: ______________Shirt Size:___________
    PCA membership #__________________________
    *e-mail: ________________________________
    Prior Driving School attendance? Yes / No
    Prior Autocross Experience? ? Yes / No

2nd driver Yes / No

*NOTE: All data pertaining to the PCA-SDR school will be distributed by e-mail so applicants need to ensure the e-mail address given above is both current and regularly monitored.
    ------------------------------------------

I'd like to see more early 911s out there! Come on down.

TT
    Tom Tweed
    Early S Registry #257
    R Gruppe #232
    Rennlist Founding Member #990416-1164
    PCA National DE Instructor
    Read my surf novel!