Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FS: @blackhawk - 911R #20

Rennsport

FS: @blackhawk - 911R #20

http://www.blackhawkcollection.com/i...&tab=inventory

Looks like this car never will come to a rest with a owner who wants it. It`s been advertised so many times during the last 4-5 years. Wonder what asking price is...

Tor's right,

The first time I saw this car was when it left the museum in Japan and showed up at the Blackhawk auction tent at the Concorso at the Quail Lodge in Carmel about 5 (?) years ago… in pretty rough condition.

The last time was just last August at Concorso again at the Blackhorse Country Club… again at the Blackhawk tent, and the condition improved a bit.

The history on the site is interesting… I haven't read it before.

Thanks,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

More than Original
    I could care less about the condition as long as it's in one piece and everything is there. I believe the price was $250K or was it double that?
    Bret Davis
    1968 911L

Matsuda Collection

This car was in the collection/ museum of Yoshio Matsuda in the town of Gotemba, just outside of Tokyo, in the mountains close to Fuji, as I recall.
    A good friend discovered this gentleman and his fabulous collection of unrestored vintage street & racing cars in the mid 80's. We visited the museum a few times in that era and were always thrilled by the patina of all the cars in his large collection.
    He not only had a museum full of 356, 906, 908, 910, 904, 550, RS, 934, 935, 959, etc; he had a second museum filled with Italian racing cars including many vintage Ferraris, Bugattis, Alfas, as well as many other European cars of interest.
    Yoshio Matsuda passed away in the mid 90's and his collection was liquidated as part of the estate. Don't think any of his heirs were particularly interested in the cars, sadly.
    I am sure there are a few more of his Porsches floating around. I hyave the museum catalogs, if anyone needs background information on this or other of his cars..
    Bill Conway, Early S Registry member #254
    1970 S, 2.2L Silvermetallic Coupe
    1973 T, 3.2L Black Carrera Targa
    1969 T, 2.4L Silvermetallic Targa

Jared Rundell - Registered User JCR's Avatar
    There ain't a whole lot I wouldn't do to have that car in my garage! (sic).

I suggest a communal 911S Registry buy. If we all dig into those dusty parts boxes undoubtedly stored in the back of our garages... sell $1K worth of rusty parts on ebay ($2k for Lisa due to exchange rate and her admitted mega stash), we'd have $250K in no time! I nominate Chuck as our representative - and ME as caretaker!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jared
    '73 911S #0793
    '69 912_ #0602
    Early S #0454
    RGruppe #0391

Yeah, then we could each drive it for 2 days each year!!!
    Bill Conway, Early S Registry member #254
    1970 S, 2.2L Silvermetallic Coupe
    1973 T, 3.2L Black Carrera Targa
    1969 T, 2.4L Silvermetallic Targa

Case replaced with a mag case?

I thought R's had an aluminum case. Were they mag?

If I'm not mistaken I think this ccar was originally ordered by Lance Reventlow and painted Scarab Blue. If so, that would make it an amazing car if restored to that colour with that history.
    Cheers,
    Kevin
    RGruppe #004
    "Shoemaker stick to your last,"
    Ferry Porsche

yes this car was origianlly scareb blue. ernie has many pics of this car including close ups of the blue peeking out under the cracked silver paint.
    you guys remember when this was being advertised in excellence for $350K a few years back?
    if i remember correctly it had a seattle address at the time.
    i have both the matsuda books because of this car - my no. 1 favorite early porsche, hands down.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Price is still in the 300s

Don