Thread: Two previous owners...

Two previous owners...

After 16 years I'm still looking for any info on/from the 2 previous owners of my old blue car.

First owner... 6/73 -10/84 Sold out of Circle Porsche Long Beach, CA.
    Gary Miller (nice coincidence)
    El Segundo, CA.

Second owner... 10/84 - 1/88
    Charles McClendon
    Simi Valley, CA.

I'm very greatful that the car has always stayed 'local'... and that most who have come in contact with it remebers it from the unique color.

The orignial dealership saleman - Michael Hammond (yes, the same Mike from this Registry)
    The dealership parts manger - Jim Corbel (now of Desert Imports, Palm Springs)
    The guy who put on the Carrera flares in late '73 - Dan McLaughlin (American International Racing)

... all remember the car

But... would still like some info from the two who drove it before me...

This pic I got from McLaughlin about 10 years ago of my car (before he did the flares) in his driveway in back of what he thought was the Bozzani 914-6 racecar... he said my car might have been waiting to start the job, he figures about Oct. '73........

It's now the first picture in my photo album...

The second is five years ago at our club's 10th Anniversary in Las Vegas (w/ 60 series tires) ... stay tuned for more info about the Registry's 15th Anniversary party coming this Sept.!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Chuck, if you ever really feel the need, you might contact a private eye. These guys have their ways...and one might welcome a job that doesn't involve peeking in motel windows.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Whatever you find, Chuck, you're probably the best caretaker of the 3.

Mike knows ol' R.V. McMinn from Circle I'll bet, Where's he now that he's retired?

Fast-forward . . .

. . . fourteen years . . .

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ears-with-1099

Attached Images Attached Images  

We Can Be Heroes