Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul R's 1967 911S

Paul R's 1967 911S

This was a thread on Pelican that got hijacked to "neverland". It really should have been on this list.
    Enjoy.

" Early 911S - in flawless concours cond.

70,000 miles, rebuilt to flawless original condition.
    Won PCA National Concours
    In a local shop for some engine work -

Original owner -

Tha's all I have - battery in Digital camera was on its last legs -
    It was the first year for an S - 1967.

The underside was so clean it was unbelievable. Better than new -

Paul's S

" _____________________
    Here's some more of the '67S. The license plate frame is worth as much as the plate, maybe more.

Randy Wells
    '72 S and T/RS

http://www.pelicanparts.com/gallery/Randy_W

Yes it's the correct paint, Paul (the owner) told me where to get it a few years ago. I bought some in a rattle can for my muffler from a place called NLA if I recall. Paul is the original owner, drove it for about 20 years, then restored it. Hasn't been driven hardly at all since.

Randy Wells
    '72 S and T/RS

---------------------
    The paint is available from Stoddard in the exact proper color and gloss. It is awesome stuff! I used it on my concours SC's exhaust, and it is perfect.

It is also very durable - I used it on my daily driver 914 exhaust and it held up beautifully for years and years.

If you call Stoddard, they'll know the paint.

ex '74 914 2.0 (and others)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Paul's S

" To get back on topic (eg, no more talk of celebrity sightings), I had the chance to concours judge Paul's single-grill roadster at an event several years ago.

Now, my judging experience is limited and I don't know what these PCA-National guys look for, but that car was flawless.

Paul's an amazing guy when it comes to perfection in restoration. I allways wanted to have a close up look of his S, but he's never brought it to an event that I was at.

VW - Corrado VR6
    ------------------------
    Paul's 911 S

das908kind, Paul's 67 911S looks like this. (He was kind enough to let me document his car a few years ago as research for my resto)
    Bob

Paul's S

More photos.

More Cars?

Could someone pick up on this and post the McKenna photos of the silver 911S from Ohio.

And, another thread with just Eades 911S....druel.

Bob Fleming

Wouldn't it be great to see all 3 of the '67S's mentioned all together? Geography makes that difficult, but maybe a skilled photochopper could arrange a cyberspace meeting. (hint-hint )
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

OMG...one can only begin to imagine the $$$ and time spent to restore that car to that condition. How does one do something of this quality without the urge to drive it and make it dirty again?
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Schooley
    OMG...one can only begin to imagine the $$$ and time spent to restore that car to that condition. How does one do something of this quality without the urge to drive it and make it dirty again?
    Paul's cars live in the garage and on trailers (that are equally clean). I spoke to him about his Roadster, and he explained to me that it had been restored, and then RE-restored, which included wet sanding the entire car, and making sure that every bolt was of the correct vintage and production that the factory would have used at the time of assembly. You don't get much more thorough then that.

Despite being a fan of the "driving" of cars, it's important that guys like him are around, to ensure the long-term preservation of these vehicles. 25, 50, 100 years from now, we'll be gratefull that these time-capsules exist.
    "The 908 Kind"

93 VW Corrado - VR6
    (my Porsche in training)

I have a blog!!

rennlist gallery

odds are, 25 years from now I won't care about P-cars...and 50 years, it's certain I won't! Future generations...yep.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

yes you will

paul,as long as you're alive, you will care and admire;Paul I BOUGHT MY FIRST PORSCHE IN 1968,WE'RE THE SAME AGE GROUP THAT'S36 YEARS AGO. N ow I'M building a st from a t--2.5 twin plug motor RSR suspension with coil overs for my son, so we can hang out and go racing together.like I said as long as I'm alive,and you too