Thread: Calling the Fog Lamp Police

So many questions, so few answers....

Calling the Fog Lamp Police

Could one of you kind folks please tell me if there is more than one type of the early 128 Hella lamps?

I have two sets sitting on my bench. One set has the triangle pattern on the lens and the other does not. Both look basically the same on the exterior, but on the inside the reflectors are two different shapes.

Both sets of lights came off of '67 cars. But they are obviously not the same. I'd appreciate any information!

Joe

The V lense is the earlier lense and was appropriate for the 356 and early 911.

The other lense is the lense that was offered in these lights for aftermarket use....they made those lights for quite a while.

In the concours world, I haven't seen a deduction for the non v lense on a 911, however if you put these lights on a 356 it needs to be the V lense for concours purposes.

Eric

Thanks Eric!

I will keep the early set for my car and sell off the others. What would be a reasonable price to ask? The lenses are a little pitted and one of the lens frames is cracked. A bit misshapen, but they polished up nicely with very little effort.

$250 or so.....I might be high since I haven't seen them. Lenses are available on Ebay. A used good trim ring may also be fairly easy to find if a "wanted" post was placed on the 356 Registry bbs.

E

Any photos?

Sorry. I am technologically impaired......

I'll try to hook up with a buddy of mine and get some photos to post.