Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's it worth..........?

What's it worth..........?

Hi friends, any idea what an all "S" optioned 1972 T (except sunroof) is worth?

Everything is on it's COA including a ducktail (IN 72!)

I am also talking fully restored to high standard w/ the original duck.
    (anyone know of any other 72' w/ a real factory duck?)

Thanks, I know it's a weird question - but my non-computer friend really wants to know. (It's his grab/car he has a line on).

Apparently was a late production transitional "F" series 72' special order car.

Car has been in storage for 10+ years

Again, thanks!

you know it would be really hard to give a value like this. Prices seem to be all over the place, there is a narrow market of people who place great value on these cars so marketing changes the price by a lot. You will have to judge the condition and compare. All original big plus, not running big minus. but for comparison sake, a 1966 normal sold on E-bay for $14,000.00 that sounded like a "3" using the sports car market letter grade, the price was argured back and forth on the Pelican board as not being worth any more than $6,000.00 by most. If I were to by your car it would not be worth, not running any more than 6,000.00 maybe if you really convinced me of something I might go $8,000.00 now if I were to sell it, it's got to be worth any where between $15,000.00 and $20,000.00 becouse you know it is a 72, ultra cool year has all the 'S' stuff and documantaion, Then you say "Do not like the price, find another one " which we all know is getting harder to do. So it is not a simple question and a simple ansewer is $10,000.00 to $14,000.00

I have never heard of a '72 911 with a Factory Ducktail as an original part. That would certainly be interesting to see. I wonder if it is a steel or aluminum frame part. Give your friend your digital camera if he doesn't have one (and a magnet ) and have him shoot some photos of it please.

Are you asking what the value of this car would be if it was fully restored after being in long term storage?
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

I too was curious about a "factory" duck on a '72...first one I ever heard of was on the '73 RS...
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

You said it was "fully restored to high standard". I take that to mean body, suspension, engine, interior, etc. If so, and if it's got full documentation, I'd say it's a $20,000 car. The ducktail is interesting to say the least, but I'm not sure I would pay extra based on that alone.

:)

Thank you , thank you....

I am getting more info as we speak.

The car is in very good shape BUT stilll requires restoration. I was asking what it might be worth restored etc...

Anyhow, this is a CA car with records back to the near day one.
    Appears to be a special order car (not by the buyer, but) by the dealer.

Meaning it's purpose was to be a showroom heart stopper hoping to promote 73 sales

The reason that this car gets me excited is because it might very well be the only 72 with a factory ducktail (and on the COA).

I know some of you disagree but I find that fact to be of some value - anyone else agree???? I would say it is a rare car, period. Not only that, it had A/C with that tail!

I am getting more info every day and helping in the research - and so far from the build date and other info the car is the real thing.

I will have him check the duck for it's composition ASAP

I want to take time to thank you guys for your opinions - good or bad

Shhhhhh I am trying to buy the car somehow ahhhh

Kindly,
    alex

Alex,

I would think it would be rare for a '72 US car to be ordered with a Ducktail because of course the Carrera RS wasn't sold here in the States. Maybe that wouldn't matter and other US owners did order the tail on their '73 911s.

If this car has nice all/most original paint in a desirable color and modest miles with all the records it would be at least mid $20K and probably more, IMHO.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

yes...

... I agree.

It is not original paint, but everything is there so a good candidate for a ground up.

My gut feeling is that this is a rare car and may be one of a very very few just because of the duck.

This might not blow up most people's skirt - but think about it - how rare is that?

I have seen people get all excited about 73's w/ factory ducks, it would follow that a possible one off, "first" duck in 72' is neato mosquito - no?

Oh well, when I get a chance I will fly to Cali and take some pics (good pics)

I finally figured out what fryardds meant - I'm a bonehead hahahah

Brian I am duel trained Pedo, and Anesthesia woohoo fun fun heehehhee - did pedo at MCV - we probably know some of the same people.

Thanks!
    alex

Is the ducktail definitely listed on the COA?

yup

It states "rear spoiler" similar to other 73's COA's I have seen.