Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.4S Aussie restoration cont'd

2.4S Aussie restoration cont'd

You asked for more photos, bad mistake here they are!

Don't tell the local police however as you can see I drove it without screens and seat belts but after 5 years I couldn't resist now that it will run.

More updates as the work gets done. Thanks for your interest guys
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

www.spyderautomobiles.com .au
    Quote Originally Posted by BOYER73S

Don't tell the local police however as you can see I drove it without screens and seat belts but after 5 years I couldn't resist now that it will run.
    Yeah; I really had to twist your arm to go for a little run up and down the street didn't I Still have to set ride heights etc, but we'll wait until all is together first so forgive us guys if she's sitting up a bit in all the wrong places!

Lisa who's very happy HE'S finally taken HER for a little spin!!!!
    Lisa Gregory
    Early 911S Registry #726

www.spyderautomobiles.com.au

WOW...

Simply beautiful Clyde...
    It's always a flash for us to see a 'right hooker' drive'n around...

And... good'on'ya Mike & Lisa....

Cheers,
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Wink

Clyde,
    If you kept it as is, you would have the lightest lightweight 73S in the world! All you need is a pair of goggles and an appetite for eating bugs!
    Well, how did she run?

Well brakes felt soft and I really didn't go very far so way to early to tell you much at all.

Maybe in a week or two I will have more to report.
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Absolutely outstanding job Clyde. Really great. Better get a windshield in though, Don't you guys have some big bugs down under?

Best,

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Rennman
    Absolutely outstanding job Clyde. Really great. Better get a windshield in though, Don't you guys have some big bugs down under?

Best,

Don

The bugs probably are now permanently fastened to teeth exposed while smiling.
    Paul D. Early S Registry #8 - Cyclops Minister of West Coast Affairs
    "Now, to put a water-cooled engine in the rear and to have the radiator in the front, that's not very intelligent." -Ferry Porsche (PANO, Oct. 1973)

Wink

I have to be careful for the 'roos to not jump in next to me while driving!!!
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6

What a beaut! Keep the pics and finishing touches coming.

Its certainly great having the gang from the land of Oz participating on the board.
    71 914 3.0, 82 SC, ESR 376, RG 307

"The problem with the world is, the ignorant are cock-sure and the intelligent are full of doubt." Bertram Russell

Todays laugh at me story. Couldn't get the new windows to fit properly wouldn't line up properly wound too high sort of lurched to one side when we began winding etc. Mike pulled them ouit a couple of times and I was looking at them today when there was another Targa to compare to and it dawned on me to check with Porsche if these were Targa windows not Coupe windows and yes you guessed it we were trying to fit coupe windows to a Targa. We call the being ....... bloody idiots out here I think you say the same in the US. had a laugh at myself I was sure I had ordered correctly perhaps not I have had them for years now so I can't really remember.

Targa windows in Green tint now on order just another little gremlin to slow the finishing down.

We are having a Technical night on MFI etc tomorrow night at Spyder Automobiles as part of the Australian TYP 901 Register we have establshed. Should be a good night and we are hoping to get 20 or more early cars together in the one place. It would be years since that has happened in Melbourne.
    Clyde Boyer

TYP 901 Register Inc #6