Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webasto Heater Exhaust Pipe

Webasto Heater Exhaust Pipe

For those that wanted info on this part I am posting pictures of what I have. My pipe is nice but the muffler is kaput.

MIke
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Vollgas!

Thanks, very usefull pictures
    Henry

ps. If anyone comes across one of these mufflers (not the actual pipe) I am in the market. I also need the metal flex pipe but that is the lesser of the evils.

MIke
    Vollgas!

Mike- thanks for taking a picture of the tailpipe.
    Very cool, I have never seen this part of the heater assembly before as the Porsche parts CD only shows a truncated image of that piece.

The parts diagram also does not show the flex piece either, which is interesting.

Like I mentioned in the other post, I am in the reverse situation, I have the muffler and the pipe to connect to the heater, but not the tailpipe or flex section.
    I have only seen the mufflers for sale a couple of times, which I know SWBSAM bought one of them. Have you seen any tailpipes for sale anywhere? The part is superseded by a part Porsche calls an "air line" but I'd like to see what it looks like before buying.

I'll keep my eye open for a muffler for you, if you do the same for a tailpipe for me.... other than that, I wonder if I could have one bent from some steel tube. Could you give me some overall rough dimensions from end to bend tangent to end?

Thanks again!

_Tim
    66 911 Coupe

DynoDave

Webasto Heater

I have a copy of the Webasto Repair Manual (Unit P1018), not sure if there are other unit or model numbers. I found this while searching for parts needed on the restoration of my 64 - 901. My car is in storage waiting for me to get started on it; which hopefully will be early next year.

It has been a while since I looked at the heater's muffler on my car, but if memory serves me correctly, it is angled @ 45 degrees from the smugglers box area & ends behind the right front tire. I'm not sure if that is how Porsche made it, or if it was modified by someone over the years. It is not readily visible from the side of the car & you have to get down low to see it. I'll try & get a picture over the next few weeks & post it for reference &/or comment.

If anyone needs a copy of the manual, please let me know (send me a PM) & I'll send you a copy (approx. 50 pages all black & white).

Dave

The pipe should not be that hard to replicate. There is one bend in it, and one more at the tip which is cut off at a narrow angle as to get that wide opening. Then there is also a kink in the pipe. I will try to make some measurements and sketches. I figure that this can be made from copper plumbing tubing and then painted black. It will last a life time. Need the right diameter though.

I will look at Hershey in 2 weeks for any parts.

Mike
    Vollgas!

George:

Would you be kiind enough to send the Webasto manual photo(s) to me.

Thanks,

Tom Bridgers

tdbridge@comcast.net
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

I would also like to get a copy from someone so that I can safely attempt to get it working. I will gladly reimburse expenses to copy and mail.

Mike
    Vollgas!

Quote Originally Posted by flat6s
    I would also like to get a copy from someone so that I can safely attempt to get it working. I will gladly reimburse expenses to copy and mail.

Mike
    Can I get a copy, as well. Thanks.
    Kenik
    - 1969 911S
    - 1965/66 911
    - S Reg #760
    - RGruppe #389