Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Take out the cars!!!

Take out the cars!!!

Well, it's spring at last up here in the hills. Thought I'd take out some of the cars and give them a good run.
    Heres a pic of some of them. The yellow one is a 73 RS rep, the red one is a 69S, black is a 73.5T, and the blue one is a 72S. They all ran great.
    Actually I took out and drove 3 of the 2.4's, a T, an E, and a S. Drove em back to back over the same roads. I was sort of surprised at which one I liked the best.
    Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I was sort of surprised at which one I liked the best
    Which was?
    Nick Moss - Early 911S #476 - RGruppe #318 - early911.co.uk

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    Was it the T ?
    That's the one Car and Driver liked back in the day.

Sure wish I could have been back there again this weekend.

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

DynoDave

Take out the cars!

Well, it was spring here in Colorado yesterday. I got to take the 72S up to Estes Park for a great drive through some really good mountain roads. Can't even think of doing that today... its snowing like crazy & we will probably get up to a foot of snow!

Dave

It's a fantastic day here. Time for a cruise along the Niagara Parkway from Ft Erie to Niagara Falls and on to Niagara on the Lake...true cruising roads. I sure wish some of you fellas lived nearby.
    Paul Schooley
    71 911T (RS wanabe w/2.7L juice)
    S Reg #863
    R Gruppe #330

Actually it was the 73.5 T. Surprised the heck out of me. I just got it recently and had not had a chance to drive it much. Let me tell you what those reports say is true. This T is a blast to drive. I love it. This one is going to be my daily driver.
    Now I need some black houndstooth sport seats for it. What do you think?
    Tom

Tom
    what was it about the 73.5 that made it so much fun?
    -low end torque?
    -suspension set up?

Actually I think you got it right off the bat, it was both. But probably mostly the low end torque. It really made driving it a pleasure. I was surprised, just hit it and go. Really very refined.
    Now all of this is a matter of degree. The T did not win by a mile, not even close. I just drove them all then asked myself which one I liked the best. The T won based on all inputs, subtle and otherwise.
    Or maybe it's just cause its the newest one?
    I'm surprised at this because all of the cars are set up right and in a good state of tune. Also because I am something of an S bigot.
    Go figure.
    Tom

Defender of the Normal John Fusco's Avatar
    Tom;

You'll have to try my car - a little 2,2 E torque on a SWB - M,M,GOOD !

John

Du must schwein haben

901/05 #305701

Bultaco Metralla 62 M8
    1968 BMW R69S

Early911SReg #606

John,

Know what you mean... I had my 68L out on the weekend.

I have 2.2E P&C's and cams with an Arbarth muffler.

I had some tremendous fun about 60 miles north west of Sydney ....with 8 other early cars.. I must post a picture or two.

Justin Reed
    Sydney, Australia