Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seats by Autobahn Interiors..

Seats by Autobahn Interiors..

Just received these back this week and assembled one of them. Pictures say 1000 words. Tony did a phenomenal job on these seats. They are tight all around. Would not hestitate to give him more work.

Smooth German Vinyl Side and Back, Perforated German Vinyl Inner Bolsters, and 8-wale Corduroy Cushions.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Vollgas!

Did he do all the hardware resto also?
    Michael
    “Electricity is really just organized lightning”

-Dusty 70S Coupe
    -S Registry #586

I am jumping in here to answer because I spoke with Tony just last week. Yes he does the whole restoration on the frame assembly. He quoted plating and powdercoating as well as repainting sides with correct wrinkle finish. He sounded very knowledgable on all aspects of properly restoring these seats. He is doing a wheel for me now. Double wrapping a 380mm 914-6 wheel for my 73.5 T. Didn't want to post untill it came back but I knew I could at least answer your hardware and base question. Will post photos of wheel in about three weeks when it returns.

I did the hardware myself. It has the proper black "splatter" finish.

Mike
    Vollgas!

Contact

So how do you contact this Tony guy?
    1970 911S Targa
    On the road again soon.

Tony's # @ Autobahn is (619) 230-1065.

His work is beyond awesome!
    2015 McLaren 650S spider
    2001 Ferrari 550
    2010 Ariel Atom 3
    1979 Ferrari 308gtb

Paid-up Registry Member & proud of it!!

Is that the same Tony that used to be at Autos International?

larry
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC

Help me here guys,
    How many houndstooths patterns were there. I know there were 2 colors. I may have some woven, I have a seat of 69 seats that need a resto. Can anyone send me a good pic of material, or even better a small sample.
    Phil

Eade,

You're sweeping an awfully large brush for someone without 2 words of personal discussion with Tony....

I'll be commenting on this a little later this am.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by pu911rsr
    Help me here guys,
    How many houndstooths patterns were there. I know there were 2 colors. I may have some woven, I have a seat of 69 seats that need a resto. Can anyone send me a good pic of material, or even better a small sample.
    Phil
    Phil:

As far as I know, there is only one pattern, but Porsche made it available in different colors. The most typical is white/black. But Eric (the guru of many flavors) has a sample book that shows white/black, white/tan, white/green, white/tan/black. (Eric, forgive me if I got it wrong.) If you "may have some woven," I wish you luck. I spent better than 6 months working on this, finding mills, wool, etc. Got really close to the real pattern, color, weight, etc. Then the damn mill got it screwed up in the finishing, and there was no going back. I still used it on my seats, and for those who don't have the real thing, it's close, but it's not quite the same.

Eric bought some, Autos Int'l bought some, and they redid my seats in it. I am really happy with the seats, and the fabric, just disappointed that it wasn't identical after all my work. Eric will tell you that it "ain't easy." I experienced it first hand.

Here are pictures of a piece of the real thing, my seats, and the interior of my car. I much prefer the houndstooth to just plain vinyl seats, but the fabric is just not available.

larry
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Early 911S Registry Member #537

73 - Viper Green 911E Targa - Kermit - Gone but not forgotten

Kermit's Short Story and Pix on the 911E Website

06 - Lexus IS250 MT6
    98 - Volvo 70V XC